Human Resources 101: Learning HR fundamentals today
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Articulate different HR expertise areas throughout the employee lifecycle
- Understand what HR practitioners do on a daily basis, and how HR function can be structured to support the business
- Make a better-informed decision on the level of interest you have in different areas of expertise within HR
- Just need your willingness to learn something new. No HR background required!
Welcome to my first Udemy course!
Are you contemplating a career in HR but not sure what it's all about? Are you currently working in HR but curious about other areas of expertise? Are you a manager or business owner wanting some tips on people management by leveraging the key concepts in HR? Then this course is for you!
This course aims to provide a broad coverage of different topics within Human Resources Management demonstrated through HR involvement in the employee lifecycle. You will learn all the basics and key concepts in each stage of the employee lifecycle.
Here is a quick overview of what will we be covering:
- The role of HR through the employee lifecycle
- The 7 steps in the employee lifecycle - Attraction, Selection, Onboarding, Development & Career, Performance, Reward, and Transition
- Different HR operating models
- HR in action (what HR professionals typically do on a regular basis)
If this sounds like the course you have ben looking for. Please go ahead and enrol. I shall see you in the course!
- Anyone interested in a career in HR
- Early HR professionals who want a holistic view of different areas of expertise in HR
- Managers or business owners who want some tips on people management, and/or some insights into how the HR function operates
Before diving in, let me help debunk my top 5 myths relating to HR