Human Resource Management
What you'll learn
- Students will be introduced to the field of HR
- Learn the responsibilities of human resource planning and learn about the decisions that must be made
- Learn how to plan and execute the interview process that is crucial in selecting the right employee
- Learn how to create appraisal systems and how to devise a training and appraisal system that works
- No advance preparation is needed for this course.
In the first lecture, we will get to discuss the course objectives and the functions of HRM professionals, the human resource planning decisions that must be made. We will understand the difference between HRM and Personnel Management, and we will discuss the skills needed for HRM professionals.
In this course, we will discuss the Talent Management Process steps that should be done to determine the demand and supply of personnel needed. What does the Recruitment and Selection process entail? such as the job analysis. We will also learn how to create job descriptions, using employee specifications. You will learn what you can do to attract suitable candidates, learn how to devise a standard employment application form.
The other lectures discuss the interview process, how to conduct one and how to screen and evaluate a candidate.
You will also understand how the performance and appraisals system work and the steps involved in the designing of the performance appraisal process. We will also discuss the various methods of performance evaluation.
And finally, you will learn how to compensate, motivate and retain employees. I will also show you how to calculate the rate of labor hours turnover by using a formula that will tell you if the HE department is performing its duties and responsibilities of retaining staff and how the results can affect the organization.
Overall, this course will provide you the basics of HRM professionals.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Human Resource Management
- Anyone interested in Human Resource Management for professionals
Irene has an undergraduate degree in Accounting, an International Auditing Certificate from ACCA, a Human Resources Certificate from Cornell University amongst other certificates. Irene worked as a corporate/business accountant for over fifteen years and has been self-employed as a freelance accountant/finance specialist for over ten years providing accounting, bookkeeping, and training for small medium and large companies and organizations. Irene is glad when she is able to share and transfer some of her knowledge to others.