Guitar Crash Course (No Experience Necessary)
- Students should have a guitar or be prepared to get one
- Students should be willing to budget 20-30 minutes per day practicing the materials provided
- Students should have access to the following guitar accessories: a guitar pick (medium or heavy), a guitar strap, and a guitar tuner.
- No additional software or experience is necessary
This course is dedicated to absolute beginners of the guitar who are highly skeptical of the quality and credibility of the other stuff out there on the Internet.
This course was designed, edited and reviewed by professionals, including experts in Online Learning and graduates from Berklee College of Music. In this course you will learn the groundwork for your first three months of playing the guitar.
You will learn fundamental skills of guitar playing, the same that are taught by the world's best teachers.
You will begin on the path to:
- Read and understand real sheet music instead of only learning tab.
- Learn the established music tradition of ear training that will eventually allow you to play all of the music you hear without any written notation.
- Learn to express yourself by improvising your own guitar solos.
- Learn to accompany another musician by playing the chords to your favorite songs.
This course, presented by Grey, a graduate from Berklee College of Music and professional guitar teacher, will guide you through the first steps of playing the guitar.
By the end of the course, you will know how to:
• Play the notes of music you hear by ear only
• Play the chords for dozens of songs, and use special techniques to adapt other songs to the chords you already know, allowing you to play 100's more.
• Read real sheet music instead of just numbers printed on a line.
• Improvise your own melodic guitar solo over the included karaoke-style backing track.
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for absolute beginners who want professional-level instruction from a qualified teacher.
- 01:40IMPORTANT: Course Companion PDF
- Preview02:37Is Learning Guitar Right For You?
- 02:17Getting Your First Guitar
- 02:16Recommended Guitars for Beginners
- 01:59Should You Take Guitar Lessons?
- 02:08Pro Tip: Ignore Everyone!
- 01:34Learning On Your Own, and Recommended Resources
- 3 questionsIntroduction Quiz
Hub Guitar, LLC is committed to improving the process of learning by studying how learners develop, creating more things that work and tossing out anything that doesn't.
All of the Hub Guitar courses on Udemy are presented by Grey, a graduate from Berklee College of Music and professional guitar instructor with over 10 years of experience.