Huawei MPLS Services Volume 1 - Theory and Labs
What you'll learn
- Understanding MPLS Network and its components
- Configure and Establish an MPLS Network using Huawei Routers
- Understand L3VPN and L2VPN services
- Configure and Provide L3VPN and L2VPN services to customers
- Configure MP-BGP between PE routers
- Understand and configure Multi-chassis LAG (E-trunk) to support PE routers redundancy
- Provide L2VPN Redundancy and perform failover Test between master and backup nodes
- Understand Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
- Configure VPLS service to connect multiple of customer sites with different types of Signalling (LDP or BGP)
- Understand what the MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels are
- Know how the MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels can be established through the service provider network
- Configure MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels
- Understand different ways to forward services traffic (L3VPN / L2VPN) over MPLS TE Tunnels
- All modules with examples, hands-on practise, and all used scripts attached, and can be downloaded
- This is an advanced Network course, it's highly preferred that you work as Network Engineer
- You have to have good Network Knowledge
- Have hands-on experience on routers configuration
- Have good IP addressing knowledge
- Have good understanding about routing (static, OSPF, and BGP)
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) is one of the most interesting and hot topics in Service Provider and Telecom world, the course will introduce MPLS basics, fundamentals, definition, MPLS services (L3VPN and L2VPN - PWE3 / VPLS) and MPLS Traffic Engineering. The course is presented in 6 and half hours in English with video lectures in presentation slides, hand-written examples, and hand-on labs to explain the theory of MPLS and its services plus applying them in practise labs. The course focuses on hands-on labs (provided in videos ) over Huawei vendor.
Upon completing the course, you will be familiar with what the MPLS Network is, its components, and MPLS Architecture, how the MPLS Network operates, understand L3VPN technology with its terminologies, understand L2VPN (PWE3 and VPLS), MPLS Traffic Engineering technology and its terminologies.
A variety of labs are provided in this course (Configuring MPLS, Configuring L3VPN Service, Configuring L2VPN (PWE3) service, PWE3 Redundancy with failover test, Configuring VPLS service, Configuring MPLS TE tunnels and TE tunnel policy for forwarding traffic). Basic configuration files are attached and available in the resources section of each lab, plus all configuration files used in the labs are attached as well. You will be familiar to configure OSPF, MPLS, LDP, L3VPN instances, MP-BGP, and PWE3 on Huawei Routers, plus verifying their configuration.
The course includes quizzes and assignments to test and ensure your knowledge upon completing each section, and upon entirely completing the course.
Who this course is for:
- Huawei Datacom Operations Engineers
- Network Operations Engineers
- Service Provider and Telecom Network Engineers
- IP Mobile Backhaul Network Engineers
- IP RAN Network Engineers
Mohammad Hamdy El-Sayed is a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) - Service Provider No. 47744, has over 16 years of experience in IP Telecom and Enterprise in worldwide markets with a variety of different roles as Network implementation, services migration, Network Expansion, Network Design, Network coaching and supervision.
Has been assigned to different IP Mobile Core and Backhaul projects worldwide (in Latin America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, and Asia).
Has Technical Expertise and working experience on Cisco and Huawei IP Products and Huawei Certified Planning Expert - IP No. 1251.
Mohammad Hamdy El-Sayed is a Cisco Academy Instructor since 2005, and is a Cisco Certified Systems Instructor since 2007 providing Cisco CCNA and CCNP courses.