- Andy is the author of over a dozen books on various topics in computer programming, especially web, game, and mobile development.
His best-selling books include
- HTML5 / CSS3 All in One for Dummies
- HTML5 Game Programming for Dummies
- HTML5 Quick Reference for Dummies
- PHP6 / MySQL Programming for the Absolute Beginner
- Game Programming - the L Line (using Python)
- Flash Game Programming for Dummes
He teaches computer science at a major university teaching the following courses:
- * Computer Science I - Introduction to computer science and programming with Python
- * Computer Science II - Advanced computer programming in C, C++, Java, basic algorithms and Data Structures
- * Game Development I and II - 2D and 3D game development from the ground up, including building game engines.
- * Web and Mobile Development - Various classes in client-side, server-side, and AJAX programming, as well as mobile development.
Andy is also very active in homeschooling. He has taught math and programming classes to various homeschooling groups, and is a featured technology columnist in The Old Schoolhouse magazine, a leading magazine among homeschool families.
While Andy's technical depth is notable, it's his teaching style that makes the biggest difference. He has served as a special education teacher, and knows a little about how to help smart people become even smarter by learning new complicated tasks.
Andy is particularly interested in helping kids and adults who do not have access to computing instruction learn how to get started in this fun and lucrative field.
He has a great time teaching, and his courses are engaging and fun, while informative. A course with Andy is like having a friend who's written a lot of books come by in a sweater on a Saturday morning showing you how to do cool stuff. You'll learn a ton, and you'll have a great time doing it.