HTML5 Mobile Game Development by Example -Veggies vs Zombies
- You need a localhost to run the course examples
- A code editor and a web browser
Learn how to create games similar to the award winning Plants vs Zombies
In this course we’ll build an entire game called Veggies vs Zombies, defence game inspired in the popular game Plants vs Zombies. The game we’ll build doesn’t only cover all the game dev mechanics you need to know to fly free and make any game you want, but it’s also very addictive and fun to play!
Though out the course, we’ll use the lightweight and awesome game framework HTML5 Quintus created by Pascal Rettig, which allows you to make your own video games using only a text editor, a web browser and a local host.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Create a complete multilevel defence game
- Basics of 2D games: sprites, scenes, stages.
- Collision detection.
- Making games that adjust to the screen resolution – a must in a post-pc world!
- Loading levels from JSON files.
- Adding audio to make your games memorable.
- Putting it all together to make a fun and addictive gameplay!
This course was created by Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA and the tech blogs GameDev Academy, HTML5 Hive and De Idea A App. Pablo specializes in web and mobile app development and has produced over 20 courses teaching over 35,000 students how to make games, apps and websites.
Who this course is for:
- Motivated people who want to create their own mobile games
- 04:46Course Intro
- 00:02Course Source Code
- 00:18Additional Resources
- 11:40HTML5 Quintus Basics
- 05:13Other Game Development Courses by Zenva
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 400,000 learn to code.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by 500,000+ learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.