- 8 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 38 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a professional looking website.
- Apply the new HTML5 tags to create a web page structure.
- Create a unique look by adding new HTML5 image effects.
- Apply CSS rules to create a professional looking website.
- Create and manipulate SVG graphics with CSS transitions.
- Create a responsive website with optimized layout for phones, tablets and desktops.
- Build a form with new HTML5 tags.
- Create animations with the canvas and DOM.
In this lecture, we will outline the tools and platform we will be using throughout this course.
As promised in the introduction, we want to provide you with a free companion e-book that goes with this course. This book will give you more background information and explain some of the concepts in a little more depth. This is our way of saying thank you for registering for this course.
We also would like to encourage you to write a review for this course. By doing so, we will provide you access to the Building a Web Application for Business course. This is normally a $29 value but you can access it free when you write a review.
Again, thank you for joining us and enjoy your development. Don't hesitate to ask us questions if you're not sure of something. We are educators and we're here to help.
This lesson provides you with an overview of how computers count with Hexadecimal. This is very important to understand as that is how colour is defined on the web.
- There is no need for any previous development background.
- All you need is a computer and access to this course online!
Do you have a desire to build websites for your current or future career, your business, or just for fun? This course will show you a rich mixture of web design and web development using some of the industries best practices. What is truly unique is that the explanation is made very simple and is based on lessons taught at a college post-graduate program. The instructors have been teaching web development since 1995 and have a lot of experience in teaching people how to go from a "newbie" to a professional. This is the ultimate course taught by qualified faculty showing you how they mastered and built each file, with the most current technology.
This course includes:
- A companion handbook corresponding to each chapter with detailed best practices, tips and take-aways - an easy reference guide for your professional development.
- A Badge certifying and crediting your completing and understanding of the web development content in this course
- A donation to Literacy & Breakfast Club of Canada
- Over 8 hours of video content
- All code files and resources to use in your projects
- Quizzes testing your knowledge of the content
- Add these skills and projects to your portfolio!
- This web design and development course is designed to step the novice developer through the process of building a professional website. You will learn a number of development and design techniques that step you towards becoming a professional developer.
- Aspiring web developers
- Designers and professionals
- Communications / Marketing or Project Managers who oversee electronic communication and would like a better understanding of development
- People who would like to explore web development as a career
- People looking to broaden thier skill set to include web
- Individuals looking to sharpen their existing web development skills
- Developers who would like to apply best practices to their work and projects
- Streamline and speed up development using Dreamweaver (although Dreamweaver isn't a requirement for this course, you can use another development tool of your choice)