HTML & CSS for absolute beginners : Simple and step-by-step
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 35 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create web pages using HTML
- Make web pages look beautiful & elegant by using simple CSS
- Build a simple neat website from scratch using HTML & CSS
- Basics of computer usage, like saving a file, creating a folder or using an application
- Knowledge of browsing the internet
- A computer with internet connection
- Chrome web browser and Brackets editor (Installation of both these is covered in the course)
Learn how to build websites from scratch using HTML & CSS in a completely practical way. No previous coding experience required!
My name is Shruti Balasa and I will be leading you through the course. I began my career as an Intern at Microsoft & then a quality analyst at Citrix, but very soon quit my job to become a web designer & then a web developer. I have 7+ years of experience designing web apps, blogs, social networking sites, android apps, multiple back-end modules and many websites for clients. Currently I am a freelancer and also a web development mentor on OpenClassrooms International platform.
This course is for beginners trying to learn HTML & CSS practically, without having to go through unnecessary technical details. By the end of this course, you will be able to build a simple neat website using these languages & make the website go live.
You will begin by learning basic HTML and some simple CSS properties. And then deeper concepts of both these languages simultaneously. This learning process is more effective than learning HTML completely and then beginning with CSS. It also helps you stay motivated throughout the course, along with enough real-life practical activities and exercises at every step.
In the last section, we will use all this knowledge to build a complete website. I will take you through the whole process step-by-step.
The ideal student for this course is someone with a very basic knowledge of computers wanting to design simple websites. Most of the courses found online are too elaborate for beginners. It's easy to get bogged down with so much content. Here, you'll only learn the most essential and most used concepts.
There are not many requirements for this course. You just need to have a laptop or a desktop with a decent internet connection, and a good learning attitude.
Take a look at the course curriculum & preview the course. I look forward to see you inside.
- Anyone willing to learn HTML & CSS practically without having to go through unnecessary technical terms or jargons
- This course is for someone who wants to learn HTML & CSS to build simple websites.
- Someone who has tried learning these languages, but failed to do so because most courses available for these topics are too elaborate - they give up thinking it's too hard for them
This lecture covers what you will learn in this course & what you will be able to do by the end of the course.
This is an activity demonstration that uses the HTML elements learned so far in the course.
In this lecture we will learn the 3 ways of adding CSS to our web pages.