- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to build a custom website with HTML, CSS, and Boostrap
- You will learn real-world skills to build professional and modern websites
- You will learn the basic building blocks to becoming a web developer
- You will learn to build websites while you learn each building block - HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- You will get bonus downloadable cheat sheets and guides to help you quickly design your websites
- You will learn how to use each skill in the real world with case studies
- You will learn basic web design tips so your websites look and act professionally
Welcome to this course on HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap! We're so excited to have you here. In this lesson, you'll learn how this course will work, what you will learn, exactly who this course is for, and how to succeed.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll download the different tools we will use in this course - such as Brackets and Google Chrome.
Plus, you'll get a quick orientation of Brackets, the program you'll be using to create and edit your code. Literally, you'll see how code affects a website right in this video!
In this section of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn what HTML is, and how to use it. Let's get ready to rock and roll!
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn more about what HTML actually is, and how is it used - and it's history. It's important to understand the basics of what HTML is, to know the foundations of HTML.
You'll learn the different versions of HTML (ie. HTML 5 vs HTML 4).
See how HTML actually works - from text file to browser.
Also, see the HTML behind any website.
Learn how to manipulate how any website looks using simple HTML edits.
Here's a case study to show you how to change anyone's tweets with HTML.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, & Bootstrap course, you'll learn about creating headers using the header tag. These are important, not just for style but also for SEO purposes as Google uses your website's headers to determine what is important on your page.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn how to properly edit text via HTML. For example, you'll learn how to create paragraphs, line breaks, and more.
You'll also learn how to affect your text style with HTML tags - such as italics, bold, and underlining.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn how to add links to a website using HTML. A link (also known as a hyperlink) will let users go from one page to another (or one website to another) via a clickable piece of text.
This is also called an a tag.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootsrap course, you'll learn how to add images to your website with HTML text.
Learn the importance of using alternative text for your images for visually impaired website visitors and SEO purposes.
You'll also learn how to adjust placement and size of your images as well.
In this lesson of the CSS, HTML, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn how to create space around the edges of your elements. Understand the difference between padding and margin. This allows you to space out the different elements of your website so it looks better.
In this lesson of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course, you'll learn how to install (integrate) Bootstrap for your website. You'll also prepare your previous work for working on upcoming projects.
You'll learn what Bootstrap is, and how to get started with the Bootstrap code available online - including understanding Bootstrap CDN and why we encourage you to use that.
Welcome to this brand new section of the HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap course. This section is the first full website project that we'll be working on. Now, you'll put all your previous knowledge together and design a landing page that looks professional and is responsive. Plus, as you work through this project, you'll learn some new tips and tricks to make your website even more professional!
- No coding experience necessary
- Seriously, you don't need to know anything about websites or coding!
- Any computer will be fine - Windows, OSX or Linux
- We'll show you free tools that you can use to follow along and build your own websites in the course
*** NEW HTML5 and CSS3 COURSE ON UDEMY! ***
Do you want to learn how to build your own websites?
Do you want to become a web developer?
Do you just want to know how to customize the design of a website created with Wordpress (or other web-builder) so it looks like you want it to?
HTML & CSS are the basic building blocks of the website world! And this is the perfect course for you to dive right in and learn them.
Why should you enroll in this course?
1. It's great for absolute beginners, with NO coding or web development experience required!
Many of the other courses on HTML5 and CSS3 on Udemy are too advanced, or use language that is confusing to a beginner. We break down every definition and step of the process so you never get lost.
2. Project-based learning. Plus it's free to build websites!
Learning is better when you're actually doing. As you follow along with each section of the course, you'll be building your own websites. Plus, we'll be using free applications to do so - Brackets and Google Chrome. No matter what type of computer you have - Windows, Mac, Linux - you can get started.
Seriously, within the first hour of the course, you'll be building your own basic websites!
3. No more boring lectures!
If you've watched other HTML5 and CSS3 courses or tutorials before, you know that it can be difficult to make it interesting and fun. The instructors Nick and Phil strive to make each lesson fun and interesting, so you feel like you're actually learning something new... and progressing... all while having fun!
4. Real world case studies!
It's great to learn how to use HTML and CSS, but it's even better if you know how what you are learning applies to real-world websites. Throughout the entire course, Nick shows how real websites are using HTML and CSS today. Phil follows up with personal case studies of how even beginner's can use HTML and CSS to customize their own websites.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS COURSE?
- Start by understanding how to use HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap
- Each section builds upon the previous ones to give you a complete understanding of the basics of HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Once you are in the Bootstrap section, you'll learn how to quickly develop and design beautiful responsive websites
- Finally, you'll put all your knowledge together with full website projects such as creating a modern landing page
IS THIS THE PERFECT COURSE FOR YOU?
YES - if you are a complete beginner with no experience building a website.
YES - if you already know some HTML and CSS, but want to learn everything from the ground up so you know how to build a complete website.
YES - if you don't necessarily want to be a web developer, but want to understand how HTML and CSS work so you can customize your own WordPress site (or other type of website)
NO - if you already know the basics of HTML and CSS. If that's the case, we recommend a more advanced HTML and CSS course.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU ENROLL?
- Lifetime access to all of our videos. Start whenever you want - and go at your own pace!
- Download any of the lectures, so you can easily watch back on your computer or device.
- Downloadable cheat sheets and guides that make writing website code much more efficient.
- High quality support in the course Q&A for whenever you are stuck and have any questions.
- An amazing new skill that is in high demand for getting a well paid job.
READY TO ENROLL?
With our 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, there's no reason to hesitate. Enroll now to try out the course completely risk free!
We can't wait to see you in the course!
Nick and Phil
- Absolute beginners who want to learn the first building blocks (HTML & CSS) for creating websites
- Anyone with a website that wants to be able to customize it with HTML and CSS to make it look like you imagine
- Anyone looking for a quick refresher of how HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap works