Homeschool Launch Course
What you'll learn
- Find out how to avoid burning out, as so many homeschool parents and kids do.
- Learn why you don't want to just do "school at home" for the greatest effectiveness in homeschooling.
- Discover and be equipped on how to homeschool your children using real-life learning.
- Learn how to avoid spending hundreds (even thousands) of unnecessary dollars on curriculum.
- Find out why relationship with your kids is a top priority in homeschooling, and how strained relationships undermine your attempts at homeschooling.
- Come with an open heart and mind, ready to view education in a whole new light!
- There is no need for parents to have any skills or knowledge prior to taking this course as it will take them from "clueless" to "well informed and equipped."
- Be willing to invest time into educating yourself and avoid the common pitfalls many homeschoolers fall into.
- You may want to purchase the Tots to Tweens or the High School Bundle or both depending on the age of your students so you can begin putting your "Real-Life Learning" plan into action.
This course will launch you into viewing "education" in a whole new way! You will see your children as more than just "school students" who need to have curriculum poured into their heads. It will launch you into discovering and creating a new way of life, and will give you the needed tools to feel confident to teach your children and transform your relationships with them for the better.
Considering that "Education is not the filling of a head, but the lighting of a fire," this course will equip you to learn how to light a fire that, rather than burning out your children with too much “school at home” will help your family soar above the burn-out norm.
In this course, Barb Shelton, veteran and pioneer homeschooler, who homeschooled their three children for 24 years, from K-graduation, will cover a wide variety of topics that will give you a fresh perspective on “all the above.” It will redirect those who have been homeschooling for years and are already burning out, even (especially), and give them new hope and focuses.
Most families merely drag through their children's childhood, which they only get ONE of, missing out on ALL sorts of opportunities for true learning, bonding, and preparation for real life. Soon enough they’ll be gone, with lives of their own. Help make these years count in the most meaningful of ways, and launch them into a lifetime of learning.
HOMESCHOOL BIO ON BARB:
(There is a generic bio on Barb on Udemy, but it's not homeschool-specific. This one is...)
Barb Shelton homeschooled her and husband Dave's three children from 1982 - when homeschooling was almost unheard of - until 2006 when they graduated their youngest. Not only did Barb live to tell about it, she also wrote to tell how to do it via 8 books, spoke on a creative variety of homeschooling topics around the country, and at present enjoys sweet relationships with all six of their kids (the three got married doubling the number) and their four grandkids.
Barb is also the leader of the Homeschool Alliance of SW Washington, which acts as a net to assist families coming out of the public school system find direction and help to connect in the homeschool realm.
Barb’s multi-faceted message is vital to all homeschooling parents whether they are brand new or burning-out. Jesus said "My yoke is easy, my burden is light," so why are so many homeschoolers so over-burdened?! You'll find out why and how to avoid it in this course.
With vulnerability, humor, and God's truth, Barb inspires parents to pursue God's "yoke" for them ~ His unique plan for the education of their own children, and offers many practical, doable, user-friendly, and just plain fun tools for doing so.
Who this course is for:
- This course content is suitable for parents who are just looking in to homeschooling their children, and for parents who have already been homeschooling, but who want more freedom and less stress in the process.
- Parents with the goal of getting to the end of homeschooling (graduation from high school) with their children truly educated, knowing how to learn and actually liking to learn.
- The content of this course will be surprising to some, challenging to many (until you continue on with it and gain a new understanding of the topics), and relieving to all who stick with it to the end and and complete it! (This is what I have been told by countless parents who have completed it.)
- The parent who comes to this course with a willingness to lay down their preconceived ideas of what "education" is will absolutely get the most out of it and learn the most.
- Parents who value and want healthy relationships with their children.
Barb has always loved being creative, and in many realms. Crafts, yes, (and sewing and card-making), but her deeper passion is for creating much more: hope in others who are low on it, order out of disorder, easier ways of doing hard things, and helping people learn better ways of relating, just for starters.
She teaches how to nurture yourself and others, plow past hurdles, enrich your life, add to your skills, sharpen your mind, add to your conversational skills, tackle overwhelming tasks, enhance your environment, and add spice to your life and your soul!
Barb particularly delights in enabling and equipping you to expand your comfort zone and try things you never thought you could do, out of which was born her “Let’s DO This!” course and videos as well as her Homeschool Launch Course for parents.
Starting in 1982, Barb was a pioneer in the homeschool arena, and, with her husband Dave, homeschooled their own three kids from start to graduation.
Would you like to learn how to bless others in unique ways, deal head-on with some anxieties, organize things better, homeschool in a real-life learning way and avoid burnout, and heal hurting parts of your heart?
Barb has developed many tools for doing ALL the above (and much more) in her own life, and takes joy in sharing them with others.
Her brand of “creativity” is multi-faceted, boiling down to creating a better, more fulfilling, less anxious, more outpoured, confident, joy-filled life.
[HOMESCHOOLERS: Please see the "Course Description" for Barb's Homeschool Launch Course for a homeschool-specific bio on Barb as she has extensive experience in that realm, which would not be of interest to those who are not homeschoolers.]
I'm Chrissy Shelton, daughter-in-love of Barb Shelton since 2000 when I married her son, Tory. I am an assistant to Mom/Barb Shelton and am currently helping her develop and launch her web content, including The Homeschool Launch Course. I am also excited to be working behind-the-scenes on the development of the Homeschool Alliance of Southwest Washington which assists families as they come out of the public school system and enter the exploding homeschool movement. Perhaps you are one of those who feel like your life is being turned upside down and you are desperately searching for the best way to homeschool? My prayer is that you would take a deep breath, and then a deep dive into learning about the world of homeschooling via my mom-in-love's course. She knows what she's talking about because she lived it, start to finish, with her own three kids, and is now also involved with her grandkids. As you take a deep dive into the Homeschool Launch Course, you and your family will flourish and thrive!