Getting To Grips With HR Software
What you'll learn
- Determine the value of historical context (traditional versus modern) and connect those ideas to generational characteristics and the changing work-force.
- Connect common HR Technology terminology and essential 21st century skills.
- Feel more confident with technology through the improved understanding of how to choose, use, and monitor HR technology in the organization.
- Determine the appropriateness of different technologies and tools for specific content.
- Identify the key skills necessary to take full advantage technology in the workplace.
- Recognize, explain, and mitigate gaps caused by poor selection or use of technology.
- There are no prerequisites for this course. All you need is a drive to acquire new knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply to your life.
Technology innovations such as SaaS, Cloud, and Artificial Intelligence have disrupted markets and business models and as a result, the globally connected economy has become so dynamic and complex that most companies with their traditional command-and- control hierarchies and ponderous decision making processes are incapable to react with agility and speed, thereby losing resilience for change.
Remember, by 2025 nearly 3 billion more people will have access to the Internet, with more consumers interacting in the global digital economy, the combination of mobile computing devices, high-speed wireless connectivity and applications (HRIS, HCM, HRMS, ERP) is projected to see unprecedented growth.
The ongoing digital revolution is sweeping through businesses all over the globe, bringing new capabilities and efficiencies to the workplace but also creating unique challenges.
This course shares how organisations and specifically HR needs to adopt a new attitude to risk, to become less hierarchical and to embrace new methods of working.
Who this course is for:
- General Management
- Human Resources
- HRIS / HR Technology Specialists
- Strategy / Planning Specialists
I am a consultant specialising in the selection of HR & payroll systems, and other HRIS, and is acknowledged as one of the UK’s leading figures in the field.
Over the years I have worked in a broad range of sectors, Local Government, Higher and Further Education, Music, Media, Technology, Manufacturing, Brewing and Retail to name just a few.
In 2009, I founded and launched the website HRcomparison which at the time was the only site of its kind in the UK dedicated solely to HR & payroll software, and is still the source of choice for organisations and practitioners looking for systems information.
Apart from my consultancy work, I spend a significant amount of time producing articles, webinars, and seminars on HRIS topics. I am a director of the niche HRmeansbusiness and the specialist GreenRiver Technology World consultancies.
In 2017 I published "Selecting and Implementing HR & payroll software" (2017)ISBN-13: 978-1537720401 updated in 2019.
Nicole is a highly valued leader within the Global HR industry with 20 years of experience in people operations management. Remote working and distributed teams are her “thing” (- long before it became “a thing.”)
As a multi-talented woman entrepreneur and an international people connector, Nicole is an expert in leading (remote) people-based activity from a strategic and operational perspective, with a gift for developing talent. In other words, she designs, creates and support modern people operations helping professionals to work effectively together.
She strongly believes that innovation in the workplace starts with creativity in education, so as a hobby she creates creative online courses and learning experiences that people love.
Nicole earned her BA, MAHRM and MBA from various international universities.