HR & People Data and Analytics Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Explore the basics of HR data & people analytics and what makes it unique
- Familiarize yourself with basic HR analytics tools and what they are used for
- Conduct fundamental HR & people analytics activities, such as data cleaning
- Perform basic HR analytics using mock data
- Identify teams to partner with to improve how your organization uses HR data
- Present HR data clearly and concisely for maximum impact
- No analytics background is required - we'll cover the fundamentals together
- Some background with basic spreadsheet functions will be helpful
If you're interested in getting a better understanding of what HR (Human Resource) or People data is, how it can by analyzed, and used, and how it can help you drive impact, then this course is for you. I designed this course specifically for individuals just getting started on a Human Resources or People team, or for individuals who are interested in learning the basics of HR or People data and analytics. No prior HR experience is necessary, but basic knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel will be very helpful.
This course is a great source for anyone interested in learning more about HR and People data, including:
Human Resource / People Generalists
Human Resource People Specialists
Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs)
We'll cover the many places HR and People data can come from, including some common challenges (such as abbreviations and nicknames). This course also explores how to partner with other teams to improve how HR and People data is collected - something that will make your work as a HR or People data analyst more satisfying and increase the impact you will have on your team.
You'll also get hands on and learn how some basic HR and People metrics are derived, including things like headcount, engagement, diversity, and recruiting metrics. We certainly won't get into every HR and People metric, but by the end of the course you'll be able to use fundamental metrics to help your organization better understand its most important asset - its people.
In this course you will be exposed to some core skills needed to understand HR data, including:
Where HR and People data comes from
What HR and People data can be used for
How common metrics, such as turnover, are calculated
How to avoid common “gotchas” in HR and People data
How to present HR and People data to leadership
Please join me in this course and start using data to positively influence your organization!
Who this course is for:
- Entry/mid-level HR and People employees (including HR or People Generalists, Specialist and HR Business Partners) who need to understand the basics of HR metrics to gain context of their role and company
- Managers curious to understand how HR analytics and data can help them better understand how their team(s) are functioning
- This course is NOT for those with a background in HR data science or executive level HR employees
Robert Hean has more than 15 years experience in IT and Business Systems. He has been involved in many aspects of IT, including service desk, program management, and data and analytics. He has built compensation platforms from the ground up, designed HR databases and driven hard disks over state lines to complete projects on time.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
CompTIA Project+ Professional