Couch to 5km / Parkrun - The Easiest Running Approach
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Run your first (5k/3mi) running easy
- Experience the health benefits of running
- Learn to make running a lifestyle
- Have the confidence to take on other challenges in life
- Running shoes (and some other basic gear)
If you want to lose weight, get fit, stay healthy and feel great then you need to listen to science. Science has proven that running is the most effective way to:
- Lose weight (burn 15% more calories in the 48 hours after a run)
- Be healthier with less risk of colds and flu
- Reduce risk of death from all major causes by 70%
- Live longer with less disability in old age
- Improve bone density and reduce risk of arthritis in old age by 50%
- Improve memory and brain power
- Increase productivity by over 15% per day
- Boost concentration and treat ADHD
- Increase overall happiness
- Live a fuller, more rewarding lifestyle.
Running is the most tried-and-tested, scientifically proven, and effective approach to enabling people to lose weight, stay healthy, look good and feel great. Humans are designed to run – yet sadly the approach that worked for thousands of years has been lost. It’s been lost in competition, “trying harder”, “no pain no gain” approaches. The result is that the secret of the most effective, time-tested approach has been lost. Yet an overwhelming amount of scientific research is proving that the lost art of running easy is the ultimate approach to a healthy, energized and long life. It’s time to discover this life-changing approach once again.
Join Craig and Nicky, as we take you on a journey that will change your life (literally) for ever, as we train you to run (with a smile) your first 5k/3mi. In addition to experiencing the incredible rewards being fit will bring into your life, join us to see why running easy will change your life forever.
So, who are we, and why do you want us to guide you on this exciting journey? Well, quite simply because we are ordinary people – like you. We have not won any Olympic medals. We don’t hold any world records. You may be wondering why then we should be your coaches in this exciting journey. Well, it’s because we are just like you – but, we have achieved extraordinary things. We’ve run over 100 marathons (42km/26mi), over 20 Comrades ultra-marathons (90km/56mi), and many more other ultra-marathons. And yet, despite all this, we are just ordinary people – ordinary people who have achieved extra-ordinary things. And that is what we want to help you also achieve.
All too often running programs are designed by top athletes, Olympic medal holders. However, their bodies and their approaches are not suitable for most people. They follow what we refer to as the “try harder”, the “no sweat, no gain” approach. Yet, while these approaches may win those skilled enough, a medal, they seldom become lifestyle approaches for the rest of us. Our approach, which is based on years of experience, and training (ordinary) people from all around the world, is called the Running Easy approach.
The Running Easy approach is a unique, scientifically supported, tried-and-tested approach to running. Rather than try harder, it shows you how to run effectively by trying easier. Rather than pain, it’s about enjoy. Rather than faster times, it’s about fun times. We will show you how to run in a way that not only allows you to achieve your amazing goal, but is so enjoyable it will make running part of your life.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for non-runners and those with some basic running fitness. So, whether you have never run before, or if you have some basic fitness but have always dreamed of running a 5k/3mi, this is the most comprehensive, easy-to-follow course available.
Why do this course?
- Running Easy approach - only 3 training days a week
- You will achieve your goal of running your first 5k/3mi
- You will enjoy the experience
- You will learn from two experienced, ordinary people like you
- You will get a guy and girls perspective on how to run and achieve your goal
- You will experience the unique, scientifically supported Running Easy approach to running
- You will be guided week-by-week as to what to do and how to train
- You will be shown practically how to run efficiently
- You will be given lots of vital Rundamentals that will keep you safe and enjoy your runs
- You will be inspired to achieve something that will change your life forever
While this course takes a "running easy" approach, it nonetheless can be demanding on your body. So, if you are unsure of your current health, please check with your doctor before commencing the training.
What have others said?
"Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!! hellooo!! I am on the biggest high woooo!!! We just got home from Canberra (Marathon) today, and it’s all very surreal... I couldn't help smiling the whole way it was funny. I had one official say to me "You're running a marathon, this is serious! why are you so happy?" Ha Ha. 6 months ago walking to my front door was an effort, I would never have believed I could do this! THANK YOU SO MUCH." (Michelle)
"Craig and Nicky your support and knowledge and experience has been astonishing and I have loved every minute of the course. Anyone who thinks they can't do this, just drop by this course to get a different view. It's life changing." (Nathan)
"What can I say!!!!!! ;)...Last Sunday I ran the Sydney Marathon!...Woohooo!!!! What a high!! Craig and Nicky, it has been such an awesome journey and I want to thank you for the ffort you've put in to make the course so interesting and enjoyable. Who knew that running could be fun!?!? :) Your passion for runnung easy is infectious - it will stay with me for the rest of my life." (Sally)
"Let's face the facts - I'm no lean mean machine. I was born for speed not distance. Decades on and I can hardly believe it - I ran a marathon! ...So what's the point of my story? Simple. If you have not run a marathon, you still can!...We (my wife and I) followed the Running Easy program and learnt how to. Yes. Yes I can!" (Matthew)
"We did it. I can hardly believe it, but I can now say we ran a marathon and it's a good feeling, an awesome, exhilirating feeling. Now I know why Craig & Nicky are trying to encourage so many people to run a marathon. The journey, the training, the race, the pain, and finally the glory is something I too encourage you to experience - you will never regret it." (Petra)
"From a couch potato to walking 5 miles on a daily basis in 2010, I wanted to complete a full marathon by end of 2011. I was very skeptical about my abilities to complete a distance of 26.2 miles injury free... I just followed the running easy approach and the training plan word by word, day by day and completed 2011 Chicago Marathon successfully.. I recommended this book (and course) to a lot of my colleagues and friends since then. Thanks a lot to Craig and Nicky." (Sarma)
- Anyone who has never run before
- Anyone who wants to learn to run and enjoy it
- Anyone who wants to get fit
- Anyone who wants to run their first five km (5k/3mi)
- Anyone who wants to get healthy
- Anyone who wants to lose weight
- Anyone who wants to live longer with less disabilities in old age
- Anyone who wants to improve their brain power
- Anyone who wants to improve their bone density
- Anyone who wants to improve their productivity
- Anyone who wants to boost their concentration
- Anyone who wants to be a happier person