Music Production Masterclass: How To Mix Radio Worthy Beats
What you'll learn
- How to properly organize your mix to save yourself time
- How to easily master your track to make it BUMP in car speakers or headphones
- A way to utilize stock plugins to get your tracks to pop
- Mistakes most people make mixing their 808s (and how to avoid them)
- Some of the best stock plug-ins for hip-hop
- Shortcuts to your workflow to speed up your process
- How to mix your music and achieve the sonic vision you heard in your head
- A strong willingness to learn and have control over your music
- A desire to positively improve your mixing skills
- An open mind and an understanding that it takes time and practice to improve
- A Digital Audio Workstation (I'll be using Ableton but the principles apply to all)
Do you hear songs on the radio and wonder why yours don’t sound the same?
It’s not because they have a super special technology. It’s because they’ve nailed the mix.
If you’re like most hip-hop producers you love creating the music, but the engineering side leaves you feeling confused and maybe a bit lost.
In this course I teach you how to make radio ready songs from your bedroom or home studio.
We do all the mixing with stock plug-ins, so there’s no fancy gear or software necessary.
I'll be using Ableton Live but you can follow along in FL Studio, Logic Pro X, and any other DAW.
It's not about the plug-ins I'll be using, but the practical principles of EQ that make a great mix.
Imagine being able to mix your tracks without the confusion of “what next?”
A good mix comes down to a few key concepts that I share with you in this course.
How to properly organize your mix to save yourself time
Mistakes most people make mixing their 808s (and how to avoid them)
How to easily master your track to make it BUMP in car speakers or headphones
A way to utilize your effects to get your tracks to pop
Some of the best stock plug-ins for hip-hop music production
Shortcuts to your workflow to speed up your process
As with all my courses I believe practice is the most important. As such, I provide the downloadable raw audio files so that you can practice in real time and mix along with me.
My goal is that by the end of this course you'll be on your way to mixing better music and achieving the sonic vision you hear in your head. If there's anything I can do to make this course better for you, let me know. As an instructor I strive to continue to make better courses so tell me what's working best for you. I'll also be sure to update this course with any latest skills or practices that will benefit you.
You ready to rock?
Set aside a few focused hours, grab your beverage of choice, and let’s make some music.
See you at the top.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner music producers who want to make better beats
- Hip Hop producers who are eager to learn easy ways to mix their tracks better
Ay! I'm Kia.
I'm an artist and educator who believes life wouldn't be the same without music.
In 2016 I founded Beat School, an online platform and series of educational programs to help aspiring artists and producers learn how to make beats, accelerate their growth, and stay inspired.
I'm originally from New York but these days you'll find me traveling around the world writing songs or playing beats on a rooftop somewhere.
Life is too short not to do what you love, let's make something.