How to pivot? Find best formula for your product or service!
What you'll learn
- Find, test & validate the right formulae for your products & services to ensure their competitiveness, success and acceptance in the market place
- Overcome failures with your existing products or services
- Perform in-depth analysis of the customer values to be able to generate & validate new ideas for your product or services using iterative and incremental approach
- Increase the customer acceptance rate for your products and services and grow the revenue and market share as quickly as within the 1st year
- Help avoid many person*months of your or your teams’ time shooting in the dark, trying to find the sweet spot by guessing or by making a leap of faith that the approach you are currently pursuing will work.
- Students need to prepare a computer or a tablet, or a mobile device (smartphone) with internet access
- Have an idea about a specific product or service they would like to design, develop, improve or re-design
- Understand the market & industry they're planning to target, as well as customer needs
- Allocate the time to attend it, and 3-5 days (with your team if applicable) to spend on applying the methodology taught in this course to come up with the design decisions for your product or services to prepare for the next pivot.
This course is recommended for business owners or product/service designers who may have experienced failure with their products or services, so that they can re-design and find the right formula as quickly and as accurately for their products and services as possible - to ensure their competitiveness and success in the market place, or for launching new products or services from scratch.
Ensuring the right design for your product or service will increase the customer acceptance rate (acceptance rate == ratio of how many times customers choose to accept your product or service after considering it vs. how many times they choose to reject your product or service), and as a result will help you grow sales, revenue and market share.
If you're following the Lean Startup model (by Eric Ries), part of the "fail fast" process is to pivot from time to time to find a better direction or approach for your product or service.
This course is intended to help with figuring out 'where and how to pivot' .
In order to decide about where and how to pivot, one would have to come up with some options, ideally options that are likely to make your product or your service successful and competitive in as a few iterations as possible, as opposed to trying to pivot in 'random' directions over and over again until the right formula can be found.
After taking this course, instead of 'randomly shooting in the dark' you will be able to find the best formulas to use for pivoting that are optimized by design to address the most important and most urgent customer values.This course introduces a common language with specific terms and concepts, which can simplify collaboration across multiple people and streamline the communication within the organization to better achieve and maintain a shared understanding about what the target customers value and why (customer values) as well as background for the design decisions being made. The training materials include a step-by-step guidance on how to apply incremental and iterative, highly agile process, to
- identify the most important (and often, most urgent) customer needs and values that your products or services can target
- ensure that your product or service provides more benefit, more value in comparison with the investment the customers would need to make (By investment we mean the price the customer would need to pay, or amount of energy, effort or time they will need to spend, or any change the customers would need to agree to make in their condition or their situation to take advantage of your product or service).
- ensure that your product or service provides more benefit and value in comparison with other alternatives the customers may consider.
Addressing these 3 key requirements will help ensure high customer acceptance of your product or service, as well as their competitiveness.
One important point. After completing the Course Overview section, as you start with the second Section called 'Key Concepts & Techniques', we recommend that you start applying the offered approach for your products and services while taking the course, one lecture, one step at a time.
We recommend that you do NOT move to the next lecture until you have a chance to internalize and apply the introduced concepts in each of the lectures to your business area, to your product or service first, and complete at least one cycle, one iteration, or one increment of the proposed process (using the offered templates and formats for each of the target documents).
So, what will be required from you to complete this course:
1) Time - Allocate 2 hours to study the course content, and 3-5 days (with your team if applicable) to practice applying the methodology taught in this course to make design decisions about your product or services to prepare for the next pivot.
2) Money - Pay for the course fee (currently it’s $299)
If your business is already maxed out, and is highly successful and no help is needed, you may choose not to go for it right now.
But if you have some room to grow, or if your products or services do not yet generate high enough acceptance rate, you may need to pivot, to adjust the design of your products or services.
This would require an investment of time and money. Investing $299 to pay for the course (as it’s currently priced) and a week of your time should be doable, even if your company is only making currently $100K/year, or, especially, if you’re just starting out.
Our methodology will help you increase the customer acceptance rate by design, which will increase your revenue and marketing as soon as the design decisions are implemented, typically within one year, and help avoid many person*months of your or your teams’ time shooting in the dark, trying to find the sweet spot by guessing or by making a leap of faith that the approach you'currently pursuing will work.
If you do find it difficult to apply the taught approach for your company products and services, please contact us directly and we will be happy to offer a personalized, custom-tailored service for your needs.
So why wait, start now and give it a try. We offer 30-day money back guarantee!
Please note that this course does NOT get into
- assessment of the market opportunity (e.g. to ensure that there is enough demand),
- development of the go-to-market strategy (it will be addressed in another course).
The methodology taught in this course was originally developed for and applied primarily in high-tech industry, however it may be applicable to other industries, government services, public sector organizations as well as non profits, or for in-house internal initiatives within a company.
Who this course is for:
- Designers of products or services
- Business Owners
- Business Unit Leaders
Entrespace LLC is a business design firm that specializes in services to help companies develop and improve their products and services as well as business strategy to achieve enduring success in the market place and sustainable competitiveness.
Our raison d'être (reason for being) is to change the world by helping improve business designs, customer experience and usability of products and services to maximize their value through methodical and continuous innovation.
Our proprietary Innovation Analytics methodology incorporates best practices from numerous 'state of the art' approaches, such as Lean Startup, Agile Management, Sense-and-Respond, Use Case Driven Approach, Design Thinking, Design Patterns, and many more. It was developed from the ground up and has been tested in multiple industries, and business areas.
It includes step-by-step guidance, techniques and templates to enable and streamline analysis, development and effective collaboration on various components of the business design, business strategy, Go-To-Market strategy, business development strategy, value proposition design, product or service design to ensure success in the market place, as well as sustainable competitiveness in the respective industry.
One of the key differences is that it offers a systematic, structured, and executable approach on how to perform each of the activities, how to develop, test and validate each of the analysis and design elements, the suggested template, and the format, as well as 'how-to' techniques. It provides a model that a person or a team can follow and execute step by step successfully, provided that they know & understand their customers and their industry well.