How We Made Our Documentary Series & Sold it to Netflix
What you'll learn
- How to plan, create, and sell your own documentary film or series.
- Tips & advice to help you create your dream project on a small budget.
- What you need to know for different stages of documentary making, including pre-production, production, and post-production.
- All the equipment you'll need to bring this bad boy to life, regardless of budget.
- A special INSIDE LOOK on how we sold our show to Netflix... then VICELAND... then Amazon Prime + more. AND HOW YOU CAN TOO!
- How to manage the psychological aspects of taking on your passion project & STAYING SANE!
- You have basic/intermediate filming and editing skills.
- You want to make the project of your dreams.
- You want to take your filmmaking career to the next level.
Hi there, I’m Parv Jarecki, an Australian filmmaker.
A few years ago I took off with two of my mates for a road trip across the USA. We weren’t accomplished filmmakers. Until that point I was mainly getting paid to edit short, uninspiring videos for different advertising companies.
When we left for our trip we had a cheap camera, some basic equipment, a $700 Toyota Camry, and very little money.
We filmed our journey across the country, making a 6-part documentary series which we called ‘Unplanned America.’
We then managed to sell our show to Netflix, SBS Viceland, Amazon Prime, Canal Plus, and a bunch of other broadcasters all around the world.
This course will take you through our entire process, step-by-step, so you can understand how to make your own documentary film or series and sell it to broadcasters. This covers pre-production, production, post-production, selling, as well as the other bits-and-pieces that broadcasters might require from you after you make the sale. I also cover some psychological aspects of undertaking your dream project.
This course is going to demystify the process for you. If you're ready to take your filmmaking dreams to the next level, then this is the course for YOU!
Who this course is for:
- Filmmakers who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make and sell their own documentary film or series.
Parv Jarecki is an Australian documentary filmmaker who stepped up his career by making his own documentary series with two friends and selling it to Netflix. Since then he has worked as a Producer & Director for the likes of Netflix, SBS, Viceland, MTV and more.
He is now starting to create educational & motivational content to help enable others to make their dream projects come to life.