How To Write Better: The Clear, Concise, Effective You
What you'll learn
- Write anything better.
- Impress prospective employers, or wow your professors into giving you the A-grade that you deserve.
- Analyze any text— be it a novel, an e-mail, a memo, or a drunk text from your ex.
- A commitment to expressing yourself more effectively.
- A desire to avoid misunderstandings.
- This course is written and presented by an award-winning graduate school professor with 7 years' experience in writing improvement, editing, and teaching.
- It has been recorded and produced on a studio quality level.
- By enrolling in this course, you will get lifetime access to current content, as well as the ability to interact with me online via the teaching platform.
- Watch our PREVIEW VIDEO to get a sense of what improvements you'll be making to your writing, and the way you communicate every day.
You read and write every day, but how often do you think about getting better at these two crucial skills? This course will provide you with the tips and lessons to improve your communication skills and succeed in school, business, and life.
This course is for everyone. Beginning with the building blocks of written communication, this course provides students and writers of all levels and experience with the tools to enhance the delivery and precision of their message, whatever that message may be. At the end of this course, you'll be better at writing EVERYTHING. From text messages to business e-mails, college essays to facebook posts, everyone will understand you better, and thank you for it.
Who this course is for:
- YOU - if you want to understand and to be understood.
- People who want to get better grades in school – REGARDLESS of the class. (Ok, maybe this won’t help for Calculus, sorry dudes.).
- Entrepreneurs who communicate through the written word every day.
- People on the hunt for a job who want to improve their written communication (for cover letters, for example).
Andrew is an online business consultant, amateur soccer player, and loves to learn anything in every spare moment that he has.
He currently produces and teaches courses here on Udemy. He loves the platform and can always extend a helping hand.
His expertise is in helping businesses increase traffic to their website and convert them into customers.
Shaun Leonard -- Poet, Screenwriter, Professor.
I grew up in Galway, Ireland, right next to the country that invented the language we're both using right now. I studied Creative Writing, English Lit., and Philosophy in my undergraduate degree and then moved to Las Vegas to undertake a 3-year Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing. I have written plays and poems that I've performed on two continents. As a poetry Grand Slam champion, an award-winning screenwriter and playwright, and a film and television critic, I am anything but shy.
I took this loquacious confidence across the Atlantic Ocean to America, where I've spent the past years studying, tutoring, and teaching others writing. I've taught basic composition classes as well as specialized creative writing modules. I have logged countless hours as a writing center consultant. I've participated and led dozens of writing workshops where authors are provided insightful feedback as they continue the process of pitching, creating, and drafting the stories that matter most to them. Even though the mediums of expression may change, the main focus of my instruction is always the same. I strive to teach others to communicate better by expressing themselves more effectively, and understanding others more fully.
I am a member of Mensa and a member of Team Las Vegas, a group dedicated to programming and producing community building events in Las Vegas, NV. Our end goal is to put on Las Vegas' first citywide TEDx event. As a former TEDx speaker I know how important it is to be able to shape a message and send it out into the world. I am an instructor, and I'm here to help.