How To Write Awesome Dialogue! For fiction, film, & theatre
What you'll learn
- You will identify areas in your stories where dialogue can be improved, increasing your chances of landing an agent or selling well as an independent writer.
- You will build stronger, more engaging plots regardless of medium or genre.
- Learn from an award-winning author with nine novels out by Random House, Simon & Schuster, and more
- You should be in the process of writing a story. Any length, any genre, any medium.
This course will guide you through critical but often neglected aspects of designing a great plot for your story (no matter the genre or medium). From that foundation, you'll move through the basics of what makes dialogue between two characters really stand out, taught to you by an award-winning published author with more than two decades of live stage experience, where the spoken word is so essential.
The course includes methods of improving both first- and third-person narrative, how to manipulate the white space on the page, and more. You'll quickly find your own dialogue improving and increasing your opportunities to land an agent.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring writers wanting to publish traditionally or self-publish
- Screenwriters and playwrights
- Anyone interested in how to write better exchanges between characters in a story.
Tom Leveen is an award-winning author and Bram Stoker Award-nominee of nine novels with imprints of Random House and Simon & Schuster and others, and almost a decade of professional teaching experience, and he has written for the comic book Spawn. He has been a keynote speaker and guest lecturer at universities, writers associations, schools, conferences, and conventions in the U.S. and abroad. He brings more than twenty years of experience as a live theater actor and director to his fiction and his classrooms, marking him as an expert in dialogue for all mediums of storytelling.