Learn to Write Your Own Asterisk VOIP Dialplans and Queues
What you'll learn
- Write your own configuration files for Asterisk from scratch.
- Customize configuration files for systems like AsteriskNow or FreePBX.
- Fully understand how Asterisk extensions.conf works so you can read and edit it.
- Setup your own call center using Asterisk queues.conf to route calls in an ACD (automated call distribution) format to available agents.
- Configure custom caller ID names to help identify where phone calls are coming from for better handling of phone calls.
- You should have taken the course Asterisk Made Easy or know how to install an Asterisk or AstLinux system.
- Do you want to learn how to read and write your own Asterisk dialplans?
- Have you been trying to build your own Asterisk auto attendant but don't know where to start?
- Do you want to create your own custom recordings for auto attendant greetings?
- Do you want to setup a call center queue with dynamic agents?
- Are you looking to configure ACD (automatic call distribution) for your inbound phone calls?
Learn how to tackle all of these configuration items and more by taking this advanced Asterisk course. During the course you will learn details about how create your own auto attendant and adding different digit options to route calls within your Asterisk phone system.
Go from an Asterisk beginner to an expert and write all your own unique dialplan code. I will show you how to write dialplans and make test phones calls showing you the result of the changes made.
If you want to learn by doing then you need to take this course to learn how to use the different Asterisk applications to create a truly unique dial plan for you or your clients.
To take the course you should have a working Asterisk or AstLinux system so you can go in and write your own dialplan to follow along with the lessons.
Who this course is for:
- Students should have an installed Asterisk or AstLinux system installed.
- If you do not have any experience with Asterisk I recommend starting with my Udemy beginners course called "Asterisk Made Easy."
I started supporting call centers 15 years ago and at the time I had no experience with phone systems. Eventually I learned them inside out and started using Asterisk and Linux to reduce costs. I discovered how versatile and robust Asterisk was so I expanded by client base to sell business phone systems.
After 15 years I have turned to focus my efforts on training how to build and sell phone systems. My instruction is very actionable, I want students to take the knowledge they gain and start using it to make money or do what they choose to do with it. You will find my teaching style is well liked by my students and they are always looking for new and exciting courses from me. Just take a look at some of the reviews I have received below.
"I am by far loving your course. Please make more and more videos on Asterisk Server; I shall purchase all of them." - Ganesh Dhungana
"You have been brilliant sir! I didn’t even have to finish the course to become good enough to start supporting our clients on asterisk platforms." - Tokunboh
"Excellent Instructor, Jon, is great... Hopefully he will produce additional classes. I would take them immediately. Thank you JON !!" - David Jordan
"Excellent!!, Jon has done a great job in walking me through carefully and showing typical errors and gotchas along the way." - Bill Adams
"Interested in providing VOIP services? Take this course, Even if you plan to use FreePBX or another GUI interface for your VOIP service, learning Asterisk and Linux will give you a better understanding of what's going on under the hood of your PBX. Jon Manning gives great step by step instructions and clear explanations of what you need to do to provision SIP phones and legacy phone equipment." - Martin Fields
"Actionable knowledge, not just pure information, communicated with great professionalism, The lessons in this course go way beyond pure information. Jon (the instructor) knows his stuff inside out, and more significantly, he knows how to pass his knowledge clearly so that I can take action on it right away." - Michael Choke
"The best course for who want to enter to the Asterisk and Linux field, This course has been designed by professional instructor who has a lot of information so for beginner you just follow the lessons as i did, now i have a good knowledge about Asterisk runs on Linux how run the Asterisk operations. Also the instructor provide his email to contact him for any question that is really awesome, i liked this course and it worth the payment." - Saifaldeen ALBUSULTAN