Find Time to Write and Publish Short Stories
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll establish a writing habit
- You'll be able to design, draft, and finish a short story
- You'll know how to research opportunities for publication and send your work out into the world
- Willingness to try out practical writing activities using the lectures as a guide
- Willingness to research opportunities for publication using the resources provided
- It's not essential, but if you're an absolute beginner, you might want to have a look at my free course called 'Starting to Write' first
I believe that you can take any dream, goal or task, and break it down into small steps, and achieve what you want bit by bit, day by day. This beginners course breaks down short story writing into small steps - all of them practical. Follow the activities throughout and you'll be writing short stories by the end of the course. I also take you through a tried and tested method to get your short stories published, that starts exactly where you are, and give you loads of resources to follow up.
- Beginners who want to have a go at writing short stories
- Writers who want to take a fresh look at short story writing
You'll get to think about whether the freelance writing life is for you - or if short story writing is an interest, but no more, or somewhere in between the two.
A warm welcome to the course! You'll find out what you'll be covering during the course, and I talk about the first two things you need if you're going to write short stories: time and space to write.
I sum up the actions you need to take to complete this section of the course. This is a practical, hands-on writing course. It won't work if you simply listen to me talking. Make sure you stop the videos and schedule some writing time - do the activities as you go along.
You'll find out about a simple but powerful structuring technique that will help you to plan, write and finish your story.