How to Write a Thesis
What you'll learn
- The components of a thesis.
- How complete each component.
- How to put the components together into a finished thesis
- The ability to download and open Microsoft 97 Word files.
- A willingness to be organized and efficient.
This course shows you how to write a thesis that is research-driven, regardless of major, with simple, step-by-step instructions and exercises. No need to buy an expensive textbook. Save time and money!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone whose college major requires a thesis.
I am the first member of my family to go to college and have three degrees in political science -- a bachelor's and a master's from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and a PhD from the University of Hawai'i. I did my dissertation research in Vietnam -- for which I had to learn Vietnamese well enough to converse in the language without an interpreter -- and I've also traveled to Thailand, Cambodia, and Burma. My latest area of interest is the politics and history of the Middle East, and I've been traveled to Egypt four times since 2009. Much of what I teach involves the application of economic principles to everyday behavior.
I have fifteen years of full-time teaching experience at the university level and regularly publish literature in scholarly journals on teaching and learning.