How to Write a Scientific Paper for High Ranked Journals
What you'll learn
- Web of Knowledge, Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Science Citation Index (SCI,) Emerging Science Citation Index (ESCI I)
- Journal Review Process, Technical Editorial Review Process, Desk Rejection and Research Ethical Consideration
- Research Gaps Identification, Exploring Gaps from Research paper, Systematic Literature Review and Journal Special Issues
- Literature Review using Systematic Literature Review Guidelines
- Clarify your Problem and Research Questions, Usage of Harzing Publish & Perish Software
- Oxford Unvieristy 5x5 principle
- Writing Section of Research Paper: Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review,
- Writing Research Design and Results
- Discussion section including Theoretical and Practical implications
- Cover Letter and Seeking Editor Consent
- ScholarOne Manuscript submission Guidelines, ORCID Account
- Understanding of Basic Research Terminologies
- Basic knowledge about conferences and Journals
The core purpose of this course is to introduce students/researchers and practitioner about 'How to write a scientific research paper for high ranked journals". The course will introduce about importance of writing in academic academic journals like SCCI, SCI and ESCI. journals. The aim of this course is to highlight errors in academic writing and provide guidelines on how to write each section of manuscript perfectly. This course consist of 8 sections and focus on core issues like importance of publication in academic, Key web of sciences indexes, desk rejection, gap identification, Novelty in research, evaluating research idea. The key focus is on writing each section of research paper and identifying research gaps using future calls, systematic literature reviews and journal special issue.
It is expected that at the end of this course, students will be able to answer following questions:
1. Importance of Publications in Academia
2. Key Reasons of Desk Rejection and remedies
3. Finding Suitable Journal for your article
4. How to identify research gaps using research paper future call, Journal call for papers and Systematic Literature Review
5. Searching and managing Literature using Boolean Operator
6. Clarifying your Problem and Research Q's
7. Oxford University 5x5 principle
8. Writing each section of research paper including title, abstract, literature review, methods, results
9. Writing Discussion section including theoretical and practical implications
10. How to write cover letter, ScholarOne manuscript submission guidelines and ORCID account management
Unfortunately, despite the widespread standard of writing and publishing research papers, most Universities don’t offer any formal training or mentorship on how to write effective papers. The lack of guidance and resources has made it difficult, and at times frustrating, for graduate students and young researchers to properly organize and structure their papers for acceptance into publications. This “How to Write a Scientific Paper for High Ranked Journals” course will provide you with the valuable research guidance from a scholar with over 20 years of experience in research and teaching in higher education. Dr.Muhammad Shakil Ahmad has published over 38+ SSCI peer reviewed Journal articles and currently serves as the technical editor, editorial reviewer and a member of the editorial board of several prestigious journals.
#researchpaper #Manuscript #Journal #SSCI #SCI #ESCI #Webofknowledge #Webofscience #Highrankedjournals #COMSATS #Researchmentor
Who this course is for:
- Research Scholars, Students, Policy Makers, Teaching faculty, Academicians
- Early Career Researchers, Research Groups
- PhD scholars and Graduate Students
Dr. Muhamamd Shakil Ahmad is an Research Mentor, Public Speaker, Trainers and an Assistant Professor of Business Administration and an established academic writer. He is known as Impact Factor Publication trainer across Pakistan. He also act as mentor for foreign students and participate in PhD Colloquiums globally.
Since 2008, he is working as consultant and trainer; guiding student about freelancing, writing research articles and conducting workshops on academic publishing, and now 'teaching online' which became his true passion. In his Udemy courses, he combined his extensive knowledge of 'Lessons learn during workshops' and his passion for 'Publishing in high ranking journals'.
To date, Dr. Shakil has published 30+ manuscripts in top-tier academic journals including Social Indicator Research, Decision Management, and Applied Research in Quality of Life. Dr. Shakil has extensive experience in writing, publishing, and reviewing manuscripts and in working with novices in learning how to navigate the publishing process. Few of his publications are as follow:
Systematic Literature Reviews:
1. Tariq, S. , Jan, F. A. , Ahmad, M. S. (2016) “Green Employee Empowerment: A Systematic Literature Review on State-of-art in Green Human Resource Management”, Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, 50(1), 237-269
2. Ahmad, M. S. (2019) Parenting styles and aggression among young adolescents: a systematic review of literature. Community Mental Health Journal
3. Ahmad, M. S. (2015), Parenting styles and academic achievement of young adolescents: A systematic literature review, Quantity and Quality
Ahmad, M. S. et al. (2020), “Using food choice motives to model Pakistani ethnic food purchase intention among tourists”, British Food Journal, 22(6), 1731-1753
Memon, M., Ting, H. & Ahmad, M. S. (2020) “Performance Appraisal Satisfaction and Turnover Intention: The Mediating Role of Work Engagement”, Management Decision, 58 (6), 1053-1066
Faisal, A., Ahmad, M.S. (2019), “Health Practitioners interaction with Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives: Impact on Prescription Behaviour”, Community Mental Health Journal, 56, 456–463
Cho, K. W., Brower, R., & Ahmad, M. S. (2018). Factors that Influence County Government Expenditures and Revenues: A Study of Florida County Governments. Lex localis-Journal of Local Self-Government, 16(1), 47-76.
Zahid, M. M., Ali, B., Ahmad, M. S., Ramayah, T., “Factors Affecting Purchase Intention and Social Media Publicity of Green Products: The Mediating Role of Concern for Consequences”, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 25(3), 225-236
Ahmad, M. S., Abu Talib, Noraini (2017), “Barriers to empowerment: Assessment of community-led local development organizations in Pakistan, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 74, 1361–1370
Uzma, T; Ahmad, M.S. (2017) “Impact of Islamic Work Ethics on organizational Citizenship Behavior among Female Academic Staff: The mediating role of employee engagement”, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12(3), 693-717
Wahab, A. , Ahmad, M. S. (2017), “Student Well-Being in Chinese Adolescents in Hong Kong: Theory, Intervention and Research”, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12(3), 761-763
Bhutto, A.W., Ahmad, M. S. (2017), “Forecasting the consumption of gasoline in transport sector in Pakistan based on ARIMA model”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 36: 1490–1497
Khalid, S., Ahmad, M. S., Jadoon, I. K, Bilal, S.,Farooq,, N., “Exploring Resources, Life-balance and Wellbeing of Women who work in a Global Context, Applied Research in Quality of Life, 12 (4), 1029-1031
Ahmad, M. S., Abu Talib, Noraini (2016), “Analysis of community empowerment on projects sustainability: Moderating role of sense of community”, Social Indicators Research, 129 (3), 10391056 9.
Ahmad, R., Azmi, N., Ahmad, M. S. (2016), “Effect of Multidimensional Top Management Support on Project Success: An Empirical investigation”, Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, 50(1), 151-176
Masud, Hamid, Ahmad, M. S., Jan, F. A. , Jamil., A. (2016) “Relationship between parenting styles and academic performance of adolescents: mediating role of self-efficacy.” Asia Pacific Education Review, 17, 121-131
He is also member of several societies and associations of worldwide repute including; American Society of Public Administration (ASPA); Community of Inquiry Framework, University of Calgary, Canada; Associate Regional Director at International Institute of Marketing Professionals, Canada.