How to Write a Book
What you'll learn
- How to Narrow Down Your Topic and Begin Writing
- Overcoming Writers Block
- Developing Your Topic
- Editing and Publishing Options
- Defining Industry Professionals to Assist You With Unfamiliar Tasks
- No professional writing experience required.
- Simply have a desire to begin writing and completing a book.
- Learn some of the basics regarding the publishing industry.
This course is designed to ease you into the process, keep you on track, and answer many questions that authors often ask regarding the publishing industry. You will learn the fundamentals of writing the book, staying on track, and options for publishing. That is why this course is personalized for you, the author, to not only learn the process, but also to stay on track. Feeling a little anxious? From start to finish, this is your step-by-step guide to, at last, beginning and finishing your book! You will learn how to begin the process of writing, stay on track, meet deadlines, what to do after the book is written, and how to publish.
Writing can be fun! Overthinking the technicalities, however, can turn the enjoyment of writing into a tedious chore. Herein lies the subtle consequences of procrastination. We often prolong the things that cause us the most anxiety or uncertainty. That is why the most important first step is writing. Simply begin the process of pulling ideas from the brain and placing them on paper, void of considering the technicalities of grammar, punctuation, marketing, publishing and so forth. Simply record the thoughts as they randomly appear. Doing so will prevent you from losing pertinent points that appear in the least expected moments. You can always go back and re-word those thoughts later. This course will teach you some organizational skills to keep you on track, how to complete the project, and some industry terms to familiarize you with the process.
Who this course is for:
- Those who've been contemplating writing a book but are unsure how to start and finish.
- Those who have been contemplating writing a book but struggle with how to begin or time management.
- Those who are curious about the process of publishing.
Kimberly Cousins is the founder and owner of Write Touch Publications, a writing and editing service, which also offers consultation to aspiring authors. She is an accomplished ghostwriter with over 20 years of experience in the writing and publishing industry. She is also the author of No You’re Not Crazy: Get Up and Get Your Happy Back and How to Write A Book: Stay on Track Journal for Writers. As a freelancer, she has edited several books for Publishers and ghostwritten books for accomplished authors. (Member of National Writers Union)