How to write a book: Part I - From idea to first draft
What you'll learn
- The student will learn how to write a book: from idea to draft.
- The student will learn five reasons why they should write a book.
- The student will learn the seven tools needed to write a book.
- The student will learn the nine types of books they could write.
- The student will learn the six guidelines to help choose a topic to write on.
- The student will learn the seven steps to gather information for a new book.
- The student will learn the four questions to ask when developing the theme sentence.
- The student will learn the details on how to make an outline for a new book.
- The student will learn the details on how to write your first rough draft.
- A desire to tell your story or share your knowledge with the world.
In this course, How to write a book you will learn how to write the draft for your first book. This course will take you from idea and concept to the writing of your first rough draft. The course starts with answering three basic questions which should precede manuscript development. The first question we answer is “Why should I write a book?” We will present five reasons why you should write a book. The second question we explore is “ What will I need to write a book?” We will present seven basic tools you will need to write your first book. The third question we examine is “What kind of book should I write?” In this lesson you will learn the nine types of books you could write. Next we walk you through six guidelines to follow when choosing a topic. After you have a topic we then present four questions you should ask yourself when developing a theme sentence. Next we teach you how to gather information on your topic. In the final two lessons you will learn how to make an outline for your manuscript and write your first rough draft.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has ever wanted to tell their story.
- Anyone who wants to share their knowlegde.
- Anyone who wants to become an author.
Dr. J. C. Wheeler began his life as a leader at the age of sixteen when he first started working in his local church, and at eighteen when he joined the United States Air Force. He has held classes and seminars in many countries such as Germany, Portugal, and areas of the middle east. He is known for his practical teaching and easy to understand illustrations.
In the Air Force Dr. Wheeler faithfully served his country in the aviation management career field. As he moved up thru the ranks he soon became an Air Force Instructor and instructed new recruits on Air Force policy, lifestyle, and aircraft maintenance management. He also was trained and certified as a Quality Assurance Inspector. As an inspector he ensured that his wing of aircraft and maintenance workers accomplished the missions according to mission guidelines and Technical Order specifications.
Dr. Wheeler has also served as the Pastor of New Life Fellowship Church in the Azores, Portugal. He is also founder and Senior Pastor of New Life Worship Center of our Lord Jesus Christ in Warner Robins, GA. What started as one church has grown to several churches in multiple cities.
Dr. Wheeler has also founded a national organization which provides leadership training, mentorship, and guidance to leaders, and their organizational teams. He annually hosts leadership seminars and training sessions throughout the year. Dr. Wheeler is also an accomplished author who has published two books and working on his third.
In his pursuit of excellence in academia, Dr. Wheeler has matriculated through several colleges; Immanuel Bible Institute, Wesley Bible College, City College of Chicago, Moody Bible Institute, Friends International Christian University, and Columbia Southern University. He has received a Bachelor of Biblical Studies, Master of Biblical Studies, and Doctor of Ministry Degrees. He also holds an Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology, an Associate of Applied Science in Business, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree and currently pursuing an MBA in business.