How to use Vlookup in Excel
What you'll learn
- What is VLOOKUP Function? – In this section we will first learn that VLOOKUP is an abbreviation for ‘Vertical Lookup.’ It’s a feature that allows Excel to look
- Examples of VLOOKUP Function – In this topic we will the various examples illustrated for using Vlookup function which makes excel search for a value or data.
- Applying VLOOKUP Formula – In this section we will see how excel searches for the required data with the help of Vlookup formula in order to return a value from
- VLOOKUP with LOOKUP ID – In this section we will see this is one of the best Vlookup exercises, it is the unique ID of the employee in the database.
- Creating Values – In this section we will see how to create values and the value you’re looking for and the range in which you’re looking for it; The number of
- Combining Multiple Tables – In this section we will see how to combine multiple tables using Vlookup function to retrieve data from one table to the other.
- Common Problems – In this section we will see the common problems or error we encounter while applying Vlookup function.
- How to Check Formulas? – In this topic we will learn to check Vlookup formulas in any common scenarios.
- You should be familiar with Excel and entering data into Excel.
How to use Vlookup in Excel
VLOOKUP is perhaps Excel’s most commonly used feature. This course only has one goal: to debunk the VLOOKUP function in Excel. Understanding how to use the most popular LOOKUP’S will allow you to manipulate, retrieve, and analyze data like never before! After completing this Video Course, the students would be experts. VLOOKUP was first used in 1985. It’s been with Excel from the beginning; Excel 1 for Macintosh, launched in 1985, included it. VLOOKUP has been the first lookup feature learned by Excel users and the third most used function over the last 34 years.
You will learn by seeing the tutor conduct the operation he is instructing on as he demonstrates how to perform these functions step by step in this Excel training course. Understanding references and how Excel responds to them is the first step in the preparation. It would then demonstrate how to use Vlookup before progressing to the next stage of lookup functionality. This course was created using Excel 2019’s most recent edition. All of the lectures are illustrated with illustrations, and you can import and learn the formulas using these excel files.
Excel makes it easy to find values of both rows and columns. Although there are advanced functions that allow Excel users to search for data ‘database-style VLookup functions are their more basic but still powerful counterparts. The significance of special data identifiers. This is an important aspect of Vlookup formulas and strong data structure in general that is often ignored. We’ll go into what happens when the two data sets don’t have a unique identifier to connect them together and how to address it.
Who this course is for:
- Excel users.
- Working Professionals and Students.
Every course in EDUOLC is taught by top institutors in the industry. We provide video tutorials and a customized learning platform that empowers learners to train at their own pace. Besides our vast collection of online tutorials , Eduolc offers a continues stream of authentic content.
Every course comprises a series of learning material created in high-quality videos. Eduolc is committed to building the best learning experience to bring world class training content and best learning practices delivering to students and professionals