Java Spring Security
What you'll learn
- Add a layer of authentication to their web application (i.e. username/password)
- Use roles to manage user accounts (i.e. basic user vs admin user vs super user)
- Automatically encrypt the passwords stored in their database
- Stop users from sharing their user accounts (via session management)
- Add method level security to block certain users from accessing certain methods
- Add custom logic to use Spring Security on their legacy systems
- You should already be familiar with the Java programming language... a minimum of an intermediate level of core Java is ideal
- It would also be beneficial to understand the MVC design pattern before attempting this course
- Working knowledge of the Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Maven is also a nice to have, but not mandatory
- An understanding of web applications, including deployment of web apps and server is required
This course will teach a Java programmer to add robust security to their web applications. Just like Facebook requires you to login before you can access your profile page, I will teach you how to stop unauthorized users from accessing the protected pages in your Java web application.
No prior experience with Spring Security is needed.
I'll show you exactly how to take your new or existing Java web application and make it so that you can protect certain pages/URLs from unauthorized users.
What is an unauthorized user?
Anyone who hasn't yet provided a username and password that matches an entry in your database!
I even show you how to assign roles to user accounts so you can custom tailor the user experience.
Basic users, Admin users, Super users, whatever user role you'd like to create, you can weave them into your web application and have it respond in dynamic ways
You'll learn how to integrate Spring Security directly into your existing database and protect whichever pages you like in less than a day.
Plus I show you exactly how to handle the always pesky "set up" process so it'll be a pain free experience for you.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this coure is someone wanting to learn how to easily add a username/password page that will stop unauthenticated users from accessing the "members only" type areas of their web applications
- This course is meant for students who would like to add additional functionality to their existing Java web applications
After receiving my bachelor's degree in computer science and working my way up the ranks to the title of senior software engineer, I decided to make a shift in my career path and become a teacher.
My passion is programming and my talents are in teaching, so naturally I decided to start creating courses around all the topics of programming.
I've been pursuing my dream of teaching programming topics to people around the world since July of 2012. And in that time I have developed a following of people who are just as passionate about my teaching methods as I am about creating courses!
Time and time again I've been told that my teaching style is the best they've ever encountered. Some of my students have told me that they had tried learning from other people on more than six occasions with no success, until they found my courses.
I'm honored to be able to share my knowledge with you :)