How to Use Microsoft Word to Format Resume Templates
- Have a copy of Microsoft Word 2016 to follow along.
- Have a basic understanding of how to download templates from the web and how to open them in Microsoft Word.
A good resume template can really help you streamline your resume and keep it organized and professional without taking up a lot of your time. It helps you to stay structured and consistent and present your experience and achievements in a way that is easy to follow and understand.
Using resume templates without making any changes is a bad idea – you will end up with a generic resume that won’t help you stand out from other job applicants. Instead of using templates as a ready-made solution, use them to guide your inspiration, and create your own, one-of-a-kind, resume.
In this course, we will teach you how to use basic, intermediate, and some advanced features of Microsoft Word to modify and customize resume templates. We will address most common issues people usually experience while formatting resumes, and we will show you, step by step, how to solve them.
At the end of the course, you will be able to customize different resume templates by using various features of Microsoft Word, to create your own attractive and effective resume.
Who this course is for:
- People who are looking to use a resume template as a starting point to create their own resumes.
- People who want to create a professional resume but are not familiar with all the features of Microsoft Word to be able to edit the templates easily.
- People who want to learn some basic and intermediate features of Microsoft Word.
- DO NOT take this course for the sole purpose of learning Microsoft Word. The course is mainly geared towards the features and methods necessary to work with resume templates.
Helen Parker has been a creative designer most of her professional life. She has designed thousands of layouts that suit different needs and professions.
She is passionate about creating professional, effective, and eye-catching documents. She is also an expert in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and often teaches colleagues how to use various features of these software in their daily work.
Helen decided to create this course so that she can reach a wider audience and share her knowledge of using Microsoft Word to format resume templates. She hopes that this course will help people to create beautiful and functional resumes that hopefully land them the job of their dreams.