Hypnotic Storytelling: How To Tell Stories That Heal
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify metaphors and information from clients which can be used to form therapeutic stories and metaphors to help clients overcome their presenting problem
- Access to a computer for using the Hypnotherapy Training Tool
- Beginner level understanding of using a computer
This course teaches how to do Ericksonian hypnotic storytelling, crafting therapeutic, hypnotic stories. Most people don't notice how prevalent metaphor use is when we communicate. In therapy or coaching clients will be communicating in metaphors to the therapist or coach. These metaphors and other information the client shares can be used to develop hypnotic healing stories which can be told to the client to help them move forward and overcome their problem.
The brain works largely by recognising patterns, this means that stories are one of the most powerful ways to help someone overcome their challenges as you can craft and tell stories which match the pattern of the clients problem and desired solution to help the client learn non-consciously what needs to be done to move forward from their situation.
In this course you will learn:
How to identify metaphors, patterns and content that clients share
How to use this information to create therapeutic stories and metaphors
My process for presenting stories and metaphors to clients that I find most effective
I also include in the course a free copy of my Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Tool which you can download and use to practice creating therapeutic stories for clients with various problems and a video of a client session taken from a training course where I demonstrate Ericksonian hypnotic storytelling therapy, gathering information, finding metaphors and content for my story before presenting my therapeutic story as the sole therapeutic intervention with this client. The demonstration includes the clients reaction which shows the impact this one therapeutic story had on them.
- Counsellors, NLP Practitioners, Psychological Therapists, Life Coaches, Hypnotherapists interested in the use of storytelling and metaphors in therapy
- Trainee Coaches, Counsellors, Hypnotherapists, Psychological Therapists interested in using storytelling and metaphors therapeutically
- Anyone interested in learning about the how storytelling and metaphors can be used therapeutically
This lecture gives an introduction to the How To Tell Stories That Heal course. This lecture also contains two downloadable resources, my Hypnotherapy Training Tool which you can use to practice your story creation and story telling skills with, and a PDF handout of the slides for the entire course.
To open the hypnotherapy training tool unzip it and you will find two html files, when clicked they will open in a web browser (I have used this on iPad, Android phones and tablets and computers so it is possible to use it on a variety of devices but it is easiest on a computer). One file is detailed instructions about a number of ways you can use the training tool, the other file is the training tool itself.