Kids Yoga 101: How to Teach Yoga to Kids
What you'll learn
- Discover how to confidently and easily teach yoga and mindfulness to children
- Learn how to easily plan kids yoga classes and events
- Learn breathing and calming exercises, kid-friendly yoga poses, games and mindfulness strategies
- Give children the skills that they will have for life
- Anyone can teach yoga to children after some proper training.
Become a kids yoga teacher today!
Learn exactly what to say and do with live kids yoga teaching videos and class examples.
(No generic stock photos in this course! Real children in actual classes.)
What Will I learn?
· Discover why yoga is so important for children in our world today
· Learn how it is different than adult yoga and how to best teach children.
· See the benefits of yoga for kids including how to teach yoga to children that will give them the skills that will last for life.
· Practice the best breathing exercises, poses, techniques will be taught that will help kids remain calm and focused in their daily activities.
· Child-friendly yoga poses, games, exercises, and activities are shown that actually help children practice and remember the yoga postures.
· Learn the best mindfulness tips and relaxation techniques that really work with kids.
Take the guesswork out of what is really effective with teaching kids yoga and get the top-recommended resources including books, props, games, and materials.
· Live kids yoga videos
· Ready to Use Kids Yoga Lesson Plans for All Ages
· Colorful yoga pose printables to use with kids
· Downloadable resources to teach yoga to children
A personalized certificate of completion is awarded at the end of your course.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn how to teach yoga to children. This course is perfect for parents, teachers, counselors and health care professionals.
Sara J. Weis is a creative and passionate teacher who has inspired thousands of children for nearly 20 years. Through her bestselling books, Go Go Yoga for Kids: A Complete Guide to Using Yoga with Kids and Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Children, she has combined her experience as an elementary and junior high teacher and as a certified kid and adult yoga instructor to help introduce children to the lifelong benefits of yoga. She is also the creator of the Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards and the Kids Yoga Challenge App which allow adults and children to move progressively through yoga poses at their own rate and abilities.
Sara holds a Master’s degree in Education as well as a Bachelor’s degree in both Early Childhood and Elementary Education. She is a teacher for the West Des Moines School District and leads kids yoga classes for a nationally known health and fitness club. She lives in Iowa with her three children and her husband.