Teach Math Without Tears - Yours or Theirs
- 28 mins on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify their student's learning style.
- Understand and apply their student's natural learning direction.
- Appreciate the importance of a teacher's attitude in influencing student success.
- (For homeschool moms) - Have the tools, motivation, and confidence for teaching math to their children.
- A willingness to change negative attitudes about math.
- A desire to teach more effectively.
Homeschool parents are often overwhelmed at the thought of being responsible for academically preparing their children for adulthood (especially if their children are wanting to attend college). One area of particular concern is upper-level math. While teaching the basics in elementary school may come easily, the thought of teaching algebra and beyond is enough to cause some homeschool parents to at least consider giving up homeschooling altogether.
I want to be part of the solution to this problem.
As a college math instructor for 14 years, I've seen the attitudes and levels of preparedness with which students enter the classroom. I have experienced first-hand the negative effects of teachers who lacked both the confidence and the motivation for teaching math effectively. Those bad attitudes were contagious, and they spread quickly and widely.
I believe that a better understanding of the way students learn is critical for teachers at any level who want to teach in a way that their students will understand. I do not have a degree in education, so this course does not use a lot of educational jargon. It is based on my own experiences in the classroom as well as in teaching my own children at home.
The course is short and to-the-point. It is not intended as a full coverage of the field of math education. My goal is to give teachers (and homeschool moms, in particular) information that can be easily applied and have a clear and positive impact on the way they approach teaching math.
Like all Udemy courses, this one comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you enroll in the course and don't find it to be at all useful, Udemy will refund your money without hesitation. You have nothing to lose but confidence to gain.
- This course is for teachers (homeschool moms, in particular, but not exclusively) who lack confidence in their ability to teach math.
- This course is not designed to teach the fundamentals of math itself but of math instruction in general.
While learning is possible through a number of different avenues, most people understand best through one of 3 channels - visual, auditory, or kinesthetic. Let's explore those 3 and see how they might appear in a math class or homeschool setting.