How to stop your child being bullied
What you'll learn
- How to stop your child being bullied
- Parents and carers will be able to identify what bullying is and is not and understand how it affects their child.
- How to stop bullying in school
- Parents will know what action is effective to stop their child being bullied. They will be empowered to help their child if they are being bullied.
- This course will help parents learn how to listen and talk with their children about bullying and support them to become more resilient to such behaviors.
- The parent will be more capable to talk to organizations, such as schools and clubs, in an effective way to STOP their child being bullied.
- It will teach you how to help your child develop good relationships with other children and a sense of confidence when dealing with bullies or being bullied.
- Above all, you will be empowered to help your child if they are being bullied by using mediation industry proven skills and techniques that are also based on the academically accredited SALT Programme as well as the best selling book "Resolving Bullying"
- How to support your child that is being bullied
- Being a parent, carer or guardian of a child that is being bullied
If you are looking for an online course about children being bullied and how to stop the bullying you have found the right place! Firstly, we are so sorry that your child is going through this. Bullying can bring about a difficult time for the child and the family while you deal with this stressful situation. The good news is that this course gives you a full guide of how to deal with bullying in kids aged 4 to 12. "How to stop your child being bullied" will help you understand the basics like what bullying is and the effects this bullying actually has on a child. We also give you step by step guides of with examples of how to talk to the school when your child is being bullied and how to best support your child.
The course not only provides the parent or carer with very helpful information to stop a child being bullied it also has a toolbox with a number of downloads that have been designed specifically for the child to use. These downloads are a fun and informative way to assist the parent in helping their child to understand how do deal with being bullied and how to stop being bullied.
Our lecturer (Fiona) is a mediator, established author on bullying issues, and a mother who knows only to well how having a child that is being bullied can affect the whole family. She explains how to get the best possible solution to your bullying issue and advises you on every step of the process.
This course has been designed by professional mediators with years of experience dealing with bullied children on a daily basis. It is based on a proven programme called the SALT Programme. This programme is used widely in approximately 50% of schools in Ireland. The methodology is also based on a fully accredited academically approved level 7 FETAC mediation course. The SALT process is used widely by professional mediators who deal with children affected by bullying. The philosophy behind the course content has been used as the base content and strategy for the best selling book "Resolving Bullying".
If your child is being bullied in school, a club or in the playground you need to understand what bullying is, how it affects your child, what the warning signs of bullying are and how to effectively stop your child being bullied. This course will provide you with all the information you require to help your child through this hurtful and stressful time as well as dealing with all other parties such as schools, clubs, family, the bully and their family
Who this course is for:
- Parents who have children aged from 4 to 12 years old that are effected by bullying
- Adults who want to stop children being bullied at school, in the play ground or at clubs etc.
- Parents and carers who want to understand how and why children get bullied and how to stop them being bullying
Ailish is a marketing and communications specialist. Besides co-directing our Udemy courses she spends her pass times doing martial arts and minding her lovely dogs!
Her ability to edit and present our courses in a simple to watch and easy to understand structure is a very valuable asset to our course development.
Peter Nicholson is a communications specialist and has built a very successful marketing and visual communications business over the last twenty five years. Peter and Fiona met while working on the S.A.L.T. programme (A school course that teaches children how to deal with conflict) and they have continued to work together on many other projects including best selling books such as “Living with Separation and Divorce”, “Resolving Bullying”, “Resolving Sibling Rivalry”, "Resolving Anger”. Peter and Fiona also designed an award winning Fetac level 7 University course on Mediation.
Fiona A. McAuslan holds a Master’s in Mediation and Conflict Resolution Studies from University College Dublin and is an experienced mediator and conflict coach with many years’ experience. She works with families and schools, particularly in the area of bullying and harassment. She works in the Legal Aid Board Family Mediation Service and is on the Council of The Mediators’ Institute of Ireland. Fiona has published The S.A.L.T. Programme: A Conflict Resolution Education Programme for Primary Schools. She lives in North County Dublin with her husband Michael, and her children Sarah and Ben.