Meditation for Entrepreneurs
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 hours on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Increase your bottom line
- Improve your productivity
- Enhance your creativity in less than 5 minutes at will
- Strengthen your focus
- Be more balanced at work and in life
- Solve problems faster and more effectively
- Give yourself a breath
Do you ever feel stressed out by the end of a long day of work?
Does your mind stay in over-drive even after you're done working, but trying to relax?
Do you ever feel as if there were thousands of monkeys screaming in your head?
Do you ever just want to let go and turn off your mind?
Do you wish you had some sort of magic cure-all?
Do you wish you knew how the mind worked so you could actually feel relaxed, at ease, and chilled out?
Do you wish you could just take a break?
Do you want to know how?
It's so simple. You can learn how right now.
Just Startup Meditation.
Why Startup Meditation?
More and more scientific research is showing the benefits of a daily meditation practice. Anyone who regularly meditates will tell you how much they enjoy it. With just a few minutes a day, even you can begin experiencing the benefits of meditation.
Here are just a few benefits:
- Stay focused longer
- Improved problem solving skills
- Increase emotional intelligence
- More mental space
- Better sleep
- More creativity
- Less overall stress
- Flexibility to change tasks faster
- Increased intuition
- Greater sense of balance in life and work
- Improved thought habits
- More attractive
- Whiter teeth
Yes, meditation is very powerful. Especially for entrepreneurs. I know first hand. We're generally information overloaded, over-stressed, and irrationally passionate folk. That's fine, it's the path we chose. Meditation can help.
However, most people don't know how to begin a practice or keep it up. They don't know if they're doing it right. With lots of doubts and misunderstandings, they just give up too early, without realizing any of the benefits.
Meditation for Entrepreneurs is specifically designed to give you only what you need to know. It is a minimal course with maximum benefits. You don't need a 10 hour training course with 50 lectures adding more junk into your head. You need concise instructions with a simple technique and a way to keep a practice. That's it.
That's all this course will offer. Just what you need. In this course you will learn:
- How to sit.
- How to look within.
- Three simple, yet potent, focus techniques.
- How to use meditation to tap into your creativity.
- Practical tips on how to form a steady meditation practice.
- The coolest places to get peaceful, chill, meditation music.
- It's that simple. No fluff. Straight to the point.
You're already busy. No need to waste more of your time learning things that won't help you experience the real benefits of meditation.
Why am I qualified to teach you?
- I've been an entrepreneur since I was a kid, selling gum balls, painting fences, modding xbox controllers, selling on ebay, and now writing and marketing online
- I run my own businesses online right now. Working for myself.
- I have over 1260 hours of meditation practice - logged over the past 5 years.
- I have lead over 200 guided meditation sessions for dozens of other bright and intelligent creatives and web professionals. They loved it. Here's what they said…
Meditation. Words of wisdom. Tranquility. These are just some of the words I would use in the same sentence with you bro. Thank you for getting me started on meditation. Your voice is so good for guidance. Thank you!
Ever since I started to doing the daily meditations Tharyn organizes, it has been a huge help for me. First of all encouragement and motivation to actually take the time to meditate, which for me is the biggest challenge. The meditations Tharyn took us through were amazing, it feels great to clear your head after a long day of work, and it makes me more energetic, focused and creative during the day. The meditations are very soothing and helpful for me. Keep up the great work :-)
- Daniel G.
I would like to start off by saying that I have always had trouble meditating on my own. Constant chatter in my head, distractions from everything around me. But I was fortunate enough to do a 3 guided meditations with Tharyn live. They worked wonders on me and I figured out my problem areas. I was able to relax faster and fall into a peaceful meditative state.
- Eugene H.
Tharyn is an amazing meditation coach. He knows everything about meditation and can always help with advice if you have any questions. He has a wonderful voice that gets you into the meditative level very quickly. Definitely recommend to everyone who is interested to bring his meditations to another level.
- Georgiy O.
I feel that I'm addicted to meditations with Tharyn. I can't imagine feeling so grounded, relaxed and peaceful without Tharyn's daily 30-minute guided meditation sessions.
- Laura V.
Tharyn's guided meditations helped me connect better to my source, strengthen my focusing muscles and clear my mind of all worries. Whenever I meditate, I can always feel that everything is going to be okay and that nothing is more important than how I feel.
- Ng Khai Y.
Tharyn! Thank you for this. Your guided meditations are the part I wait for by the end of the day. Thank you for taking this initiative. You're awesome!
- Thabit H.
Tharyn's daily meditations always leave me refreshed and awakened. His signature compassion for people and the earth is characteristic in his guided mediations. He caters so much to what works for the group and finds a key way for us to grow as a group, even if the group changes every day! Thank you Tharyn for these daily magical experiences and just for who you are!
- Cynthiã W.
Just came back from Tharyn's mediation. Feeling just awesome! Definitely, those 20 minutes of mediation are the highlight of my day so far! To make a number of people to feel much more awesome then they were feeling before - that`s real power, right!?
- Natasha Z.
I am a newbie to meditation. Had not been interested on it or keen to start -- but then I started working in Mindvalley and joining Tharyn's live meditation sessions. I have been attending his sessions now 3 times a week and it is the highlight of my week!! I can see how much more aware and relaxed I am, his advice is valuable and honest.
- Miriam L.
Start Your Journey Today...
My goal is to get this simple course and the benefits of meditation into the lives of as many people as possible. As an entrepreneur, I know that free stuff isn't perceived as valuable, nor taken as seriously, as something you actually paid for. Since I want you to take this course and your practice seriously and get the most benefit, then I believe that paying for it is a better idea.
Besides, a course in meditation like this can cost up to hundreds of dollars from giant meditation teaching companies. They bog you down with extra material that isn't necessary to get started. This course is simple, to the point, and reasonably priced. Just $39. That's the same price as a good book. I believe it's very fair for the simple techniques that I took years of practice to hone.
Try the course essentially for free with the 30 day money back guarantee. How cool is that? Take the course now, consume everything in under 3 hours, learn the techniques - and if you still don't think it's worth $39, then I'll give back every penny. :)
Meditation has changed my life, boosted my creativity, and given me hundreds of my most incredible business and marketing related ideas. I believe everyone can benefit from this practice.
Startup Meditation today. Click Take This Course above to get started now.
- Tharyn Taylor
- Busy entrepreneurs
- Cool people
Meditation is not dangerous.
Meditation is not hard.
Meditation is not about "not thinking"
Meditation doesn't have to be religious, new age, old age, or even spiritual.
Meditation is definitely not just for old people.
Meditation is not just for monks.
Meditation is not just for Indians.
And you don't need to sit in lotus posture.
Why entrepreneurs should start up a meditation practice?
Entrepreneurs are information overloaded.
Entrepreneurs need to be sharp thinkers.
Entrepreneurs are super creative.
Entrepreneurs need good sleep.
Entrepreneurs need to stay focused.
Entrepreneurs are over stressed.
Entrepreneurs need to have good thought habits.
Entrepreneurs require a lot of EQ or Emotional Intelligence.
Entrepreneurs need to sometimes follow their gut or intuition.
Entrepreneurs need balance to succeed.
Entrepreneurs need self mastery.
Famous entrepreneurs who meditate regularly
Marc Benioff – CEO of SalesForce
Russell Simmons, founder of the hip-hop label Def Jam
Rick Goings – CEO Tupperware
Ray Dalio –CEO and founder of Bridgewater Associates
Andrew Cherng – Founder of Panda Express
Oprah Winfrey – CEO Harpo Productions Inc
Padmasree Warrior – CTO Cisco Systems
Arianna Huffington – President, Editor-in-Chief, Huffington Post Media Group
This course will improve all of these areas of your life.
You will be more aware.
You will be more focused.
You will be more creative.
You will be more balanced.
You will be more empathic / compassionate.
You will be able to observe problems clearly.
You will be more productive.
You will simply be happier.
Basic lessons. Posture. Body. Breath.
At least 3 different focus techniques.
Practical application of meditation in your workday and at your company.
Why this course is different?
I get to the point. Meditation is simple.
Simple theory. Simple practice.
Non-religions. Non-new-age. Non-spiritual. -- It's in plain English.
Short lessons, short course.
Why am qualified to teach you?
I've been an entrepreneur since I was a kid, selling gum balls, painting fences, modding xbox controllers, selling on ebay, and now writing and marketing online.
I run my own businesses online right now. Working for myself.
I am a designer, a developer, a marketer, and a writer. I am a jack of all trades and meditation is the ace.
I have 1266 hours of meditation practice - logged over the past 5 years.
I have lead over 200 guided meditation sessions for dozens of other bright and intelligent creatives at my previous job.
Who should take this course?
Entrepreneurs of all sorts!
Brick and mortar businesses.
Anyone involved in a tech startup.
Designers, developers, marketers.
Authors, bloggers, writers, creators.
CEO's of anything, even if your cat is your only employee.
If you're a web professional, then this simple course will improve your life.
Hope to see you inside. :)
Posture is easy, simple, and should be comfortable for you!
- Be comfortable
- Straight spine
- Don't move as best you can. If you need to, don't worry. Comfort is more important.
- If you're falling asleep, don't use any back support.
The main postures:
- Sit in a chair. Feet flat. Hands resting comfortably on thighs.
- Crossed Legs aka Indian style. Half lotus or full lotus. Make sure to sit on top of a pillow to raise your tailbone above your ankles.
Here's my favorite posture. Sitting in a chair with lower back support.
Guided Meditation: Body Awareness (Length: 26 min)
In this guided meditation session, you will shown how your internal body sensory system works. It's all about those neural networks running through your body. The nervous system is extremely sensitive, if you look close enough.
We easily go through the body, showing how to consciously relax our nerves and muscles. The body scan can be performed very quickly or very slowly. If you want to, you can sweep through the body in less than 10 seconds. Or, you can as much time as you want at each part, even taking 30 minutes to move through the entire body.
You can choose to be as specific or broad as you wish. Moving into each part of the fingers, or simply moving through the hand as a whole. It's totally up to you.
The body scan is wonderful for falling asleep at night. When laying in bed, just do a slow body scan, relaxing yourself, and then watching your breath to easily fall asleep without tons of thoughts bombarding your subconscious as drift off.
Leave any questions in the question area above.
Guided Meditation: Breath Awareness (Length: 20 min)
The breath interacts automatically with the body, causing sensations that are easy to "anchor" your focus to. Meditation practitioners of all ages have used the breath to strengthen their focus.
The four main anchor points are:
- Nose / nostrils area
- Inside the throat and neck
- Heart and upper chest
- Belly and abdomen area
Each of these points created a movement in the body. A sensation you can observe with your inner body awareness that you learned in the previous lesson. Now you can easily see the breath and rest your focus consciously on it.
Leave an questions in the question section above.
Your ability to be aware of your attention.
How often do you consciouly place your attention there, only to have it drift away 3 seconds later because you saw a butterfly or something else.
The phrase, "caught your attention" is based on the unconscious hooking of your attention on something other than where it was placed. It's not a bad thing by any means, but sometimes it's nice to consciously direct and hold the attention where you want it.
The faster you realize your attention has wandered and you bring it back to the breath, the stronger your meta attention becomes.
Calm Relaxed Technique (Length: 20 min)
As you inhale, mentally affirm the word, "calm."
As you exhale, mentally affirm the word, "relaxed."
- The repeated words help occupy the mind as you focus. The mind just wants something to "chew" on.
- Watching the breath, not controlling it. If you notice yourself controlling the breath, take a deep inhale, let it all the way out naturally, and then let go.
- The words are sort of irrelevant. You can use any combination of words you want. Joy, happiness. Love, peace. Chill, open. Calm, creative. Anything! :)
Any questions, leave them in the question section above.
River Leaf Technique (Length: 18 min)
Imagine yourself sitting comfortably on a rock that is in the middle of a river. You are facing upstream and the water is flowing towards you, around you, and off into the distance behind you. The atmosphere is peaceful, natural, and calm.
As you meditate, watch the breath as usual. When a thought, distraction, or sensation arises, look at it. Focus on it. And transform the distraction into a leaf. A gentle falling leaf. Let go of the leaf and watch it float down into the river. As it lands in the water, it is quickly swept off with the current. Completely forgotten. Return to the breath.
Continue to imagine, visualize, and let go of all distractions as leaves falling into the river.
This is a great technique for visual people. If you don't like it as much, then experiement and try what works for you.
Any questions, please put them in the question section above.
Zen Count Technique (Length: 20 min)
How to do it:
There are two ways to count. Whole breaths or by inhale and exhale.
Whole breath count: As you breath in, count "one" mentally in your head. As you breath out, count "one" mentally in your head. This is one whole breath count. In and out. Continue, and inhale, "two", exhale, "three." Continue like this all the way up to Ten. If you become distracted in any way, then start over at One. If you reach all the way to Ten, then start over at One.
Inhale and exhale count: As you breath in, count "one" mentally in your head. As you breath out, count "two" mentally in your head. Continue like this until ten.
- You are not going anywhere, that's why you begin at one after getting to ten.
- You may vary this technique however you wish and try your own style. Be creative.
Guided Creativity Exercise (Length: 32 minutes)
You will be relaxed and guided into a place within your mind where creativity is abundant and ideas flow like water. Sit back and enjoy.
After you do this meditation a few times, you can certainly try doing it on your own without guidance.
Any questions, leave them in the question section above.
Simple techniques for 2-5 minutes
- Hold hands on belly, feel the breath, focus on hands moving up and down.
- Focus on breath at nose.
- Guide everyone in 3 deep breaths. Then ask everyone to gather their thoughts and ideas for 2-3 minutes before beginning the meeting.
- Figure out what works for your company and colleagues. Ask them if they want to try it. Ask them if they liked it. Ask if they want to do it more often.
- 5 minutes a day.
- Morning - right after using the bathroom.
- Night - right before going to sleep.
- Use a timer.
- Pick same time every day.
- Find a quiet place and do it in the same spot daily.
- Even 1 minute of deliberate practice.
- Practice with your partner - accountabil-a-buddies.
- Lift App (iPhone) - https://lift.do/
- Habit Streak Plan (Android)
- Gamify it. Reward yourself.
- Remind yourself of the benefits of meditation - meditation has been shown to have mental benefits, such as improved focus, happiness, memory, self-control, compassion, emotional intelligence, academic performance and more.
- Letting go of expectations. There is no "good" or "bad" meditation. Only meditation.
- Try a guided meditation / visualization on YouTube.
- Listening to meditation music. (See more in following lesson on Music)
- Calm - http://calm.com/
- focus @ will - https://www.focusatwill.com/
- Simply Noise - http://simplynoise.com/
- Pandora - http://www.pandora.com/
- YouTube - (My personal meditation music playlist: http://bit.ly/1ciPM5T )
- Relax Melodies - http://www.ipnossoft.com/project/relax-melodies/
- Calm.com App - http://calm.com/
- Ambiance (Desktop & Mobile) - http://ambianceapp.com/
- Headspace - http://www.getsomeheadspace.com/
- Mind - Meditation Timer https://itunes.apple.com/app/mind/id419702358
- Omvana (My favorite) - http://omvana.com/
Get my meditation on Omvana App for iPhone
Leave a review
If you enjoyed this course then leave a review. It really helps a lot.
You can help improve this course by leaving constructive feedback and ideas to improve the experience. Please leave them as questions / comments to THIS video.
Check out my website and blog here...