Build A Blog in 30 Days
What you'll learn
- How to build a blog in 30 days.
- How you can record "blog post ideas" whenever and wherever you are.
- Sorting out hosting a domain name and installing WordPress
- Setting up WordPress so it will take care of the technical stuff, while you can concentrate on writing blog posts.
- The important pages that all websites need, and how to create them.
- How to avoid writer's block and come up with an unlimited number of blog post ideas.
- How to use the Gutenberg Editor to craft your blog posts.
- The importance of your inner circle.
- Using social media to increase your exposure.
- Options for making money from your blog.
- How and where to promote your blog.
- Ideas to expand you blog in the future.
- How to use a computer.
- An internet connection.
- A working knowledge of WordPress is useful, though the course does cover everything you need to know if you are a complete beginner.
Having your own blog can be an exciting and rewarding journey. But for many people, the technical aspects of setting it all up and maintaining the blog becomes an obstacle, so they never start. For other bloggers, it's writer's block that kicks in and makes updating the blog a chore.
If you want to create a blog or want to kick start an existing blog, this course is for you.
Why you need to be using a particular type of WordPress.
What to look for when choosing a domain name.
How to buy web hosting and get your domain set up with your host.
How to set WordPress up so that it is ready to start accepting your blog post. We'll configure WordPress so that it takes care of the technical stuff, while you can focus on the creative side of writing your blog.
The two types of homepage you can have on your blog, and how to set these up.
The essential web pages your site needs, and how to create them easily.
Why and how to keep "blog-related" notes as you go about your daily lives.
The power of social media in getting your blog noticed.
WordPress themes and plugins.
My own techniques for coming up with an unlimited number of blog post ideas. This includes my own methods for using two types of keyword research to come up with blog post ideas and the actual titles.
How to create and publish a blog post in WordPress.
Using categories and tags effectively, to improve your reader's experience.
30 days of content ideas.
The options for making money from your blog.
How to promote your blog with the resources you have available to you.
By the end of this course, you can have a blog you are proud of, in as little as 30 days. The good news is that after 30 days, blogging will be a habit and your blog can go from strength to strength.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wishing to build a successful blog.
- Anyone that suffers writers block.
- Anyone wishing to monetise their blog.
- Anyone needing the motivation to get their blog up and running.
- Anyone that needs a responsive instructor. I am here to help answer your questions and offer advise where I can. I want to see your success.
I have written and published a number of books that are available on Amazon, including books on Wordpress ("Wordpress for Beginners 2022"), Self-Publishing ("Self-Publishing on Amazon 2022"), and search engine optimization ("SEO 2021"). I also run a website called ezSEONews, where I provide tutorials my visitors and newsletter subscribers a number of skills required for running a successful website.
As an ex-schoolteacher, I hope I can make complicated topics simple to understand. I certainly enjoy trying!