How To Start A Small Business
What you'll learn
- How to start and run a small business successfully.
- How to eliminate most of the mistakes normally made by entrepreneurs before they start their small businesses.
- What must you know and do to become a successful entrepreneur or small and medium-sized business owner.
- All the important knowledge and skills required to become a very successful entrepreneur.
- What to do when things go wrong in your small business. Few other courses provide advice in such detail.
- The most important financial information required to run your business successfully.
- How to compile an excellent, practical Business Plan that will help you obtain finance and will assist you in setting up and running your business properly.
- Able to read and write and do basic, simple, financial calculations.
- Have a passion to become an entrepreneur.
- Keen to take the plunge and start a small business that you can be proud of.
This course has been specifically designed for prospective and new entrepreneurs and will teach you how to do the following things before you start your small business and avoid all potential pitfalls you might encounter along the way. It will inform you about:
- Why People Decide To Start A Small Business.
- The Most Common Mistakes Made Before Start-up.
- The Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs.
- Selecting An Idea That Suits You.
- How To Set Business & Personal Goals.
- How To Compile Your Business Plan.
- Getting Your Business Registered & Having Mentors / Consultants Available.
- Tips For Successful Management.
- Obtaining Finance For Your Business.
- Important Financial Information You Need To Know To Run Your Business Successfully.
- How To Compile Your Marketing Strategy.
- Conforming To Regulations.
- What To Do When Things Go Wrong In Your Business.
Who this course is for:
- Prospective and new entrepreneurs.
- Anyone who would like to become an entrepreneur.
- Anyone who might have just started a new small or medium-sized business.
- Anyone who is pedantic about starting a small business properly and does not want to make mistakes.
- Learn how to compile a Business Plan for your proposed new business.
I am an author of a number of business publications and a professional lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Marketing Management and Basic and Advanced Selling Skills.
Over a 15 year period, I have managed to write and publish the following books in either printed or virtual book format i.e.
- Simply Successful Small Business.
- Simply Successful Selling.
- Simply Successful Advanced Selling.
- Simply Successful Marketing For Small Businesses.
Furthermore, I have over 20 years teaching experience in these business subjects at various universities, colleges and in corporate companies. My corporate business experience in small business lending, marketing and training at executive level spans a period of over 30 years. Moreover, I have also been operating my own business training consultancy company for a period of approximately 20 years.
I have a M.Phil Degree in Entrepreneurial Training and Development, a B.A. Honours Degree in Training Management, a B.A. Degree in Social Sciences and English, a TEFL Certificate in English, Diplomas in Marketing Management, Production Management, Personnel Management and Financial Management, as well as Certificates in Wine and Wine Appreciation.
In addition, I have had extensive experience in the wine trade as a company wine buyer of local and international wines and trainer of wine consultants on both local and imported wines, as well as setting up and running a number of Wine Clubs and training members how to assess wines properly. Moreover, I have also designed Wine Lists for a few prestigious restaurants, trained their staff and owned and run my own restaurant in the past. Therefore, my writing and training knowledge and experience and abilities is based on years of practical experience in the business, which has stood me in good stead over the years.
I look forward to teaching you and to imparting some of the knowledge and skills acquired over the years, so that you can achieve your goals and objectives and improve your skills and become successful.
I trust that your training and learning experience with me will be fun, practical, useful and meaningful to you !