How to Start a Home Food Business the Right Way
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Basic information abouot home food processing and cottage food operations
- A basic understanding of producing food from the home kitchen
- Common requirements of cottage food and home-based food processing laws
- The difference between non-hazardous food and hazardous foods
- Licensing and Zoning Requirements for Home Food Processors
- What to include in a basic Business Plan
- Basic Product Labeling Requirements
- Home Kitchen Inspections and Best Practices
- The Home-based Food Production Startup Process
- Locations for selling home made food products
- Using social media to locate customers
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites for the course
How to Start a Home Food Business the Right Way: Key Lessons for Home Food Processors and Cottage food Operators is a new course for anyone interested in learning about the process of making foods from the home kitchen. The course covers the 12 steps to start a home-based food business and includes information on cottage food rules and requirements, the Food Freedom Laws, and the Microenterprise Home Kitchen Operation currently allowed in California.
Are you ready to start your home-based food business?
Let's take a deep dive into the following:
Verifying your product
Using a home kitchen for processing
Safely producing foods
Licensing and zoning
Safe water requirements
Developing a business plan
The rules and processes for starting your food business
Promotion of your products
Finding your target audience
Taking your product to market
Social media basics and best practices
The course is comprehensive and designed to walk you through the introductory stages of home food processing. I encourage you to return, ask questions and get help with the development of your home-based food business.
See you in class!
- Anyone interested in starting up a home-based food business
- Anyone with a passion for selling their homemade food product
- Anyone who has dreamed of starting up a part-time food business
- Home bakers, jam-makers, and other producers of non-potentially-hazardous food products
- Rural and Urban farmers who want to sell their specialty food products
- Rural and Urban farmers
Welcome to How to Start a Home Food Business the Right Way: The course lays the foundation for Cottage Food Operators and Home Food Processors. If you are reading this you are either seeking information about starting a home-based food business. Our motto at Foodpreneur is to learn before you leap. The course offers a basic understanding of selling homemade food products. This is the perfect starter course.
Since the course was created COVID-19 has had a massive impact on all business operations. Review the ebook Selling Homemade Foods During a Pandemic (Resource). Let's not waste any more time. Start creating a stream of income taking your product from kitchen to market. Jump into Lecture 2.
Students will have a thorough understanding of the 12 Steps they need to take to learn about home food processing.
Lecture 3 offers a brief overview of Cottage Foods and how the cottage food industry started.