How to Start a Blog - 7 Day WordPress Blog Challenge
- Nothing. I'm going to walk you through the process of starting a blog step by step. This is going to extremely fun and easy for everyone.
Want to know how to start a blog? I'm sure you do, and let me tell you -- I believe I'm the perfect person to help walk you through the whole process. As one of the top bloggers in the world (currently ranking on page one of Google for terms like "blog", "blogging", "blogger", "blogs" and more), I not only know what it takes to create a successful blog, I've accomplished this feat several times, while also generating millions of dollars online in the process. With over 20 years of experience in the world of affiliate marketing, content creation, blogging and online branding... I want to help you create a potentially life changing blog.
Blogging has changed my life and it can change yours too!
First thing first, we need to walk through the basic questions of why you want to start a blog in the first place. Is it for fun, pleasure, to make money, for business or just something you want to try out? No matter what the reason is, I created this "7 Day Blog Challenge" course to walk anyone through the process of how to start a blog, while also making it extremely simple to follow in the process. I'm literally going to create an authority site from scratch while you watch over my shoulder, then you can do the same to create your own site.
I'm excited about it and you should be too! There are already over 6,000 students who have taken this course and it's ranked well above a 4.4 average (in the upper range of blogging courses on Udemy). I invite you to join in on the fun and see where blogging might take you, your brand or online business in the days and weeks to come.
Let's take a look at the different topics covered in this "how to start a blog" course.
Introduction to Blogging Videos
- My Story and Why You Need a Blog - Before following my guidance and what I have to showcase for you in this blogging video series, it's important for you to first understand my story and how I got to where I am today. In this short introduction video I will give you a brief run through of the past two decades and how I've used websites, blogging and affiliate marketing to build several successful sites and businesses online -- all from the comfort of my own home. This video series and blogging formula was all put in place to show you how to start a blog and accomplish similar results if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
- Preparing for the Launch of Your Blog - Starting a blog is easy, but making sure you have the right foundation in place beforehand is key. This is why it's important to know the focus of your blog, niching down the concept as much as possible and also knowing what type of content you are going to create for your audience. This is a quick video, but it will provide you with everything you need to think about before going live with your blog.
7 Day Blog Challenge
- Day 1 - Hosting and WordPress Setup - One of the first things you will need to do before going live with your blog is setting up your web hosting, domain name and installing WordPress. I walk you through this extremely simple process and show you how to go live with your blog in less than 10 minutes -- all without any headaches or technical knowledge required.
- Day 2 - WordPress Configuration and Theme Setup - Once your web hosting and domain name are setup and WordPress is installed, it's time to make a few quick modifications to your backend settings to make sure your site runs as smoothly as possible. We are then going to set up a premium WordPress theme so your blog looks great and stands out from the crowd.
- Day 3 - First Blog Post, About Me and Contact Page - Blogging is all about creating great content for your audience and providing them with the most value possible. In this video we are going to create the first post for your blog, while also creating the "About Me" and "Contact" pages on your site. These are two of the most important pages on your blog and I'm going to show you how to set them up correctly from day one.
- Day 4 - Start a Mailing List for Your Blog - There are currently over 300 million blogs on the internet today, and they are all flooding the internet with a ton of content. This means that it's going to be tough to get repeat visitors back to your blog. The best way to accomplish this is by creating a mailing list or newsletter for your blog. I will show you exactly how to do this, while also giving you some of the best working methods to increase signups to your mailing list overnight.
- Day 5 - Creating a Main Page and Pillar Content - When creating content for your blog, it's important to always keep your focus on why people are visiting your site. Some content will be filler, while others will be your "pillar content" that is accessed more often than others. I will show you why and how to create such content on your blog, while also giving you the option to create a "main page" for your blog as well.
- Day 6 - How to Create User Call-to-Actions on Your Blog - As with all content, there should be a main focus or call to action. When someone uses the internet, they are looking to purchase something, find information or be entertained. Decide which of these three areas you are going to cater to when creating content for your audience. In this video I will show you the best ways to create call to actions right within your content to see even better engagement and turning visitors into leads.
- Day 7 - Adding a Resources Page, Banner Ads and Monetization - Most bloggers will create content for their site and continually reference back to certain sites, tools, services or features that they use. Instead of always having to link out to each of these references within each post, it's a much better idea to create a resource pages instead. At the same time, if you want to make money with your blog, it's a great form of monetization as well. In this video I will show you how to accomplish all three, while also walking through the process of how to set up banner ads on your blog as well.
Bonus Material and Resources
- What Happens in an Internet Minute - In this fun and interactive video, I break down the internet into 60 seconds. Did you ever wonder how many emails are sent out, logins are made into Facebook, YouTube video views happen in a single minute on the internet? After watching this video, you will know the answers -- all while making yourself a more powerful and effective marketer in the process.
- My Recommended Blogging Tools and Resources - Throughout this list building course I mention a lot of tools, resources and references. Be sure to check this last video for detailed information on where you can find everything that was mentioned in the course.
Feedback from our 6,000+ students already enrolled in this course:
"I loved the way of representing every topic with details. The accent and sound quality is also awesome to stick with! Thanks for making this guided course using professional tools!" - Prabhakar Pandey
"The instructor is obviously a very successful blogger, is well spoken, engaging and is assuring to me as a student. Video and audio quality are excellent." - Bill Halford
"Easy to follow. Wish I had watched this video before another one on blogging, which resulted in unnecessary purchases and some challenges with domain." - Brenda Uekert
"I love the course! It's super easy to follow and I look forward to completing the challenge! Great job Zac!" - Nancy Badillo
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start a website or blog. This is perfect for someone who wants to create a site about their hobbies, personal interests, build a brand or showcase their expertise online.
- 06:36My Story and Why You Need a Blog
- 06:06Preparing for the Launch of Your Blog
Best Selling Instructor, Pro-Blogger, and more than 40,000+ Udemy Students
Zac Johnson has over 20 years of experience making money online, while also teaching thousands of students around the world how to do the same. He is the owner of several blogs and site properties (such as Blogging dot org and ZacJohnson dot com) where he teaches others how to make money online through affiliate marketing, blogging, lead generation and how to sell your expertise. Zac's site properties also rank at the top of Google for extremely competitive keywords like blog, blogging, blogger and more. Through his online courses and web site tutorials, Zac has helped his audience earn millions of dollars, while also connecting business and brands of all sizes with new audiences and customers around the world.
Having already connected with millions of site visitors, students and attendees around the world, Zac is focused on furthering his reach and education training through the use of Udemy. With the massive reach and easy to use platform, Udemy offers to best all-in-one solution for creating valuable content and actionable courses to students around the world.
In addition to all of the information above, you can also follow Zac Johnson through his blogging on various websites and media outlets. To keep up with his latest blogging, business activity and personal life, be sure to follow his personal blog at ZacJohnson(dot)com and latest blogging tips at Blogging(dot)org.