Chemistry Exam: Electron configuration, Mass & Atomic Number
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- solve simple and hard task from this part of Chemistry independently
- determine Atomic Mass and Mass Number from Periodic Table of Elements
- reckognize Ions and Isotopes in the Tasks with Atomic Number and Mass Number
- write Electron Configuration of any element using Periodic Table of Elements
- write Electron Configuration of Ions and with Noble Gas Shortcut
- know what is the difference between Valence and Valence electrons and apply that into real Task
- basic knowledge of Elementary Maths (add, substract, divide, multiply)
- what does an Atom consist of
Hello There! :D
In this course you will get skills to successfully solve both simple and more advanced tasks in specifical areas of chemistry: Electron Configuration, Mass Number and Atomic Number. These tasks are the real ones - that you are dealing with daily in college and some of you in advanced high schools.
In this course there is almost none theory, just real tasks! And the best thing is that you can check your knowledge with quizzes after each lesson!
Do I get some bonuses here?
Yes, you do!
- you will get Quizzes for self testing your knowledge after each lesson
- you will get Formulas specially made for this course - that you can use in your class and print it out!
- two Periodic Tables of Elements (one general - Oxford lab and one special - for Electron configuration determination)
- you will get an example of Final Exam that includes Electron Configuration, Mass & Atomic Number. And what is the best - you can solve it yourself or we can do it together! Choose what suits you the most.
- everyone who wishes to fresh their knowledge in mentioned areas of Chemistry
- everyone who wants to learn fundamentals of chemistry and advanced Chemistry problems solving
- everyone who wants to enter ACS General Chemistry Exam
- everyone who wants to apply to one of the colleges which have Chemistry as obligation subject and needs to have proficient knowledge of Chemistry (eg. Medical schools, Pharmacy colleges, Biological Sciences, Physics, Engeneering and similar areas of studies)
- everyone who already is in college, but have problems in mastering those materials
Hi, my name is Aida and I will be taking you trough the How to solve: Electron Configuration, Mass Number and Atomic Number course. I have been a private tutor in chemistry for five years and I believe that a best way to learn chemistry is by practicing it.
Welcome to the first lecture of this course. In this video, we are going to learn what Atomic Number and Mass Number really means. So, let's start!
Usually In a room where chemistry is taught or practiced, a periodic table is almost certain to be found hanging on the wall. Recall that this chart shows all the known elements and provides a good deal of information about each. As your knowledge of chemistry increases, the periodic table will become more and more useful to you.
Simply said, isotopes are different versions of certain kind of atom. But what does that really means? Isotopes help scientists learn about the history of some natural events. Carbon dating techniques help us figure out how old some objects are. Oxygen isotopes help us learn about past climates. Some of the water molecules in ice give us clues about Earth's temperature in the past.
In this video, we are going to show how to write electron configuration of ions. Moreover, after this lesson, you are going to have all the knowledge needed for solving tasks successfuly from the electron configuration.