Learn to sew with a sewing machine
- No previous knowledge of sewing is required.
- A basic sewing machine
- Pieces of scrap Fabric
- Sewing thread
You want to learn to sew? Welcome to this beginner course. This course starts at the every beginning before you buy or get a sewing machine. You will learn how to chose a sewing machine and the other basic supplies you need as you start your sewing journey. The sewing machine can be a trusted friend or a dreaded one, so learn how to operate your sewing machine safely. We would go through the different parts of the sewing machine and their functions. We then go ahead to learn to drive our sewing machine, load our bobbin, thread the sewing machine and make those all important first set of stitches.
Who this course is for:
- Introduction to sewing for a beginner
- A would be seamstress
- A precourse for a fashion designer student
- Someone who wants to learn a new skill
- Someone who want to mend clothing items for the family
- Someone who wants to sew their own clothes
- Someone who wants to buy a sewing machine
- 02:51Introduction to sewing
- 01:43Shopping for a sewing machine
Hello, I'm Moyo I got my first sewing my was at the age of 7 years, and I learnt t to sew. Along the way my sewing journey paused until about 12 years ago when I started sewing again. From the request of friends and youth groups I start giving sewing classes to children and young people over the summer holidays and this has led to e giving sewing classes to adults as well.
Sewing give me great pleasure and I also enjoy sharing my knowledge, expertise and experience with others. I am an author of three sewing books.