How to Set up the Yoast SEO Plugin
What you'll learn
- Set up the Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin the proper way for your site
- Understand what all the setting mean and choose the best settings for your WordPress site without the guesswork
- Understand which settings are right for personal blogs or company blogs
- Know what the plugin does and does NOT do - this is critical for your success
- Focus on creating great content that is SEO friendly
- Have a live self-installed WordPress site on the web or on your local machine
- You should be familiar with WordPress and how to install and activate plugins
You have a WordPress website and you've installed the Yoast SEO plugin, but you have no idea how to set it up correctly, and it makes your brain hurt just to think about it. This course is your solution! In about an hour, you can have the plugin settings done, and have your site ready for SEO stardom.
Once you've installed and setup the plugin, you’ll have access to some pretty powerful SEO tools and have greater control over what the search engines add to their index so visitors who are looking for you can easily discover your site, and your products and services.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of WordPress and can install a plugin is eligible to take this course.
If you want to:
- Set up the Yoast SEO plugin correctly
- Get the most up-to-date instructions on the plugin
- Easily understand what the plugin can do for your SEO
- Get more organic traffic to your WordPress site
- Have more visibility on Google
- and Finally understand what "all that stuff" means
then, this is the course for you!
Don't spend another minute writing content for a site that isn't optimized for search.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for small business owners, writers, authors and publishers who want to know how to set up the Yoast SEO plugin correctly
- You should have a basic understanding of WordPress, and be able to install and activate plugins
- This course is not intended for SEO experts
- This course is not for those who want to know specifically how to use the plugin to optimize posts and pages for your WordPress site
- This course is only for those using the self installed WordPress application. (This plugin does not work on WordPress dot com accounts.)
Steven O'Sullivan - Digital Marketing Expert, Consultant, WordPress SEO and Writer
Teaching small business owners is my passion. Helping entrepreneurs and solopreneurs to achieve their goals is my daily process. Learn from a wealth of experience.
I've been a self-employed entrepreneur for over 25 years. I've successfully owned and run a landscape construction business, a mortgage brokerage, sold real estate and most recently an internet marketing expert, consultant and teacher.
I've made all the mistakes for you, wasted all the money on useless marketing programs for you, so you don't have to. I've made and lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years and you get to benefit from all this expensive experience included in the price. No extra charge.
Teaching and Courses
I first began teaching around 2004 at my mortgage company. I taught a class on personal budgeting. That might sound boring, but it was actually pretty fun. After that, I was hooked.
Later I taught Realtors at Keller Williams about productivity, marketing, business budgeting, organization, goal setting and more. A few years later I joined Coldwell-Banker and began teaching social media, blogging, WordPress, SEO, and marketing. I also consulted with their Top Producing Real Estate Agent and the company's Broker.
In 2007, I started another company revolving around online marketing.
My tagline was "I Make You Famous on the Internet", and that's just what I did for my clients. Since then I've consulted with dozens of private companies, created courses on Kindle Publishing, Video Marketing, and developed WordPress plugins for marketers.
But now I'm back to teaching, what I love. And I want to reach a larger audience, which is why I've chosen Udemy.
I look forward to getting to know you and helping you along your journey to success.
Let's Do This,