How to set up Salesforce for a charity or nonprofit
What you'll learn
- Understand the different types of Salesforce options available for charities or nonprofits
- How to sign up to a free trial of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- How to apply for the 10 donated Salesforce User Licences that Salesforce gives to charities / nonprofits
- Setting up your charity / nonprofit for success - top tips for setting changes and tweaks
- Interest in implementing Salesforce for a charity or nonprofit
- No programming or prior Salesforce knowledge is needed
This course is to help charities and nonprofits around the world to understand how to sign up for the Salesforce donated licences and customise Salesforce to set the system up for a successful rollout to users. The focus of the course is on the free trial, application and the customisations we recommend for all nonprofits. I have completed numerous Salesforce implementations for charities and worked with existing Salesforce organisations and the customisation tricks are a list I've created since 2015 of things I know will help lead to a successful project.
This course is not designed to help you take or pass the Nonprofit Cloud Consultant Certification and it doesn't focus on the exam. However, you may find it useful background information if you are working towards this. The focus of the course is much more around the practical implementation of Salesforce for nonprofits / charities.
During the course, I will screenshare and walk through the exact steps you need to go through to implement and customise Salesforce. Salesforce does work perfectly well 'out of the box' but there are certain customisations that I think really help make Salesforce more fun and more robust. We include recommendations for data security and clarity which will protect data and save confusion later on in your Salesforce journey.
Salesforce offers 10 completely free Salesforce user licences to eligible charities/nonprofits so if you work in an organisation with 10 or less employees then Salesforce is a perfect fit. Salesforce recommend working with an implementation consultant to maximise the benefits you can gain from the system. We've created this course for organisations that would like to implement Salesforce themselves, perhaps because there is no budget available to use a consultant. It would also benefit anyone who is managing a Salesforce implementation for a nonprofit or who would like to take on more of the work in-house.
Who this course is for:
- Someone working within a charity/nonprofit setting who is keen to implement Salesforce themselves (e.g. without a consultant)
- IT professional working within a charity who would like to implement Salesforce
- Salesforce Consultants and others looking to improve their knowledge of Salesforce for nonprofits
- Product owners and managers who want to gain a deeper understanding of Salesforce Implementation for nonprofits/charities
I am a certified Salesforce Administrator and Nonprofit Cloud Consultant and have completed numerous implementations and optimisations of existing Salesforce orgs. I have particular experience in the charity/nonprofit sector and am looking forward to sharing my knowledge with you. I worked as an independent CRM consultant from 2012 to 2022 specialising in charities and nonprofits. I moved my first charity client to Salesforce in 2015 and rapidly realised it has many benefits that set it apart from other systems. I am a certified Salesforce Administrator and certified Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud Consultant.