How to Self Publish an Audio Book
What you'll learn
- Understand how to use Amazon's ACX site to get your audio book on Audible, Amazon and Apple Books (iTunes)
- Know how to convert and self publish your existing print or eBook content into audio format… yourself!
- Understand how to use basic functions of the free, open source Audacity audio editing software
- Comfortable with using basic computer software programs
- Windows PC or Apple Mac computer
- USB microphone and earphones (course will discuss how to select)
Audio content is growing in popularity every year! That's why self published authors need to consider offering audio editions of their existing books and eBooks. And it can be done more inexpensively and efficiently than ever before... even for free!
We will be focusing specifically on self publishing audio books through Amazon and Audible's ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange) platform. Here are some of the major topics we'll discuss:
Using the FREE Audacity open source software to record, edit, and export your audio book.
How to use the ACX platform to get your audio book on Audible, Amazon and Apple Books (iTunes).
Selecting a good, but inexpensive, microphone for recording yourself reading your book.
Tips for controlling your voice when narrating your book.
I'm Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, a nonfiction book editor and author of over 20 self published print books and eBooks on the topics of business, marketing, and self publishing. I have 9 audio books available for sale on Audible, Amazon and Apple Books. And I did them all myself!
The lectures show PC instructions, special instructions for Mac users are provided as needed throughout the course.
Note that ACX audio book publishing may not be available in all countries; check with ACX to see if it is available for your country prior to enrolling.
Of course, I have to disclose that while I will be sharing what I've learned from working with the Amazon/Audible ACX platform, I am not affiliated with, hired, endorsed, or approved by Amazon, ACX, Audible, or Apple/Apple Books. However, I do receive associate advertising compensation and/or royalties from Amazon, Audible, ACX and Apple/Apple Books as part of my normal course of business. Also, any products or services mentioned or featured in the course are there because I have personally used them in preparing my audio books; I am not compensated for including them. No assurances of acceptance of your audio book by ACX, Amazon, or Apple/Apple Books is offered. This course should not be used as a substitute for your own due diligence and research.
Ready to jump on the audio content revolution? Sign up and let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Self published authors who already have a print book or eBook completed and want to publish it as an audio book