If you have never self published an eBook, or you've been disappointed with your previous endeavors, this course is for you! We will be focusing specifically on self publishing nonfiction eBooks through the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform.
We'll be going through the self publishing process step by step. But before we launch into publishing, we'll cover all the pre-publishing preparation steps and thought processes so that you can make your eBook the best it can be. Here are just some of the topics we'll discuss:
- Questions you need to answer before you even think about self publishing.
- Editing and proofreading (there is a difference between the two!) and why they're both important.
- Formatting your eBook manuscript with Microsoft Word.
- Using SEO techniques to create a great title, subtitle, and book description to help your eBook more easily get found.
- Creating an eBook cover on the cheap.
- Advertising opportunities available through KDP and Amazon Marketing Services.
- Building your author platform with blogs and social media.
I'm Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, a nonfiction book editor and author of over 20 self publishing print books and eBooks on the topics of business, marketing, and self publishing. Previously, I was a trade newspaper editor for over 15 years and taught for 5 years at the college level. So I have a lot of writing and publishing experience and insight that I'd like to share with you in this course.
Of course, I have to disclose that while I will be sharing what I've learned from working with the Amazon KDP platform over the years, I am not affiliated with, hired, endorsed, or approved by Amazon and/or KDP. However, I do receive associate advertising compensation and/or royalties from Amazon, Createspace, and KDP as part of my normal course of business.
Ready to make your eBook into something great for you and your readers? Sign up and let's get started!