Learn to Sample for Hiphop in Ableton Live 10
What you'll learn
- The knowledge to warp and sample music in Live
- Utilize Ableton Live's Simpler
- Sample drums to create own custom drum racks
- Mix, arrange and finalize a sampled project
- Different ways to use effects to make mixes sound professional
- Ableton 10 or previous versions
- PC with Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Mac with Mac OS X
This course will teach the audience how to sample in Ableton Live 10, which is a software for music production and is a DAW for OS X and Windows.
Ableton Live is one of the most utilized software-based digital audio workstations (DAW) available at this time. This software fulfills the need of professional producers and home recording users alike, employs advanced audio technology, and is available for Windows and OS X.
Upon completion of this course, participating will possess a working knowledge of constructing hip-hop style music within Ableton Live, utilizing the default tools that are included in the program. These methods with be largely applicable to previous versions of Ableton as well.
What can you expect from this course?
In these lessons, you will gain a deep understanding of Ableton Live 10 (or previous versions) so that you can use the default tools to build your very own sampled hip-hop beat. The course strives to improve your hip-hop production, editing, and songwriting, abilities. This course will go over topics such as:
* Sampling from older styles of music
* Warping any song you want so that the music is on time
* Creating melodies from your samples
* Using tools such as Simpler to morph your samples into what you want
* Sampling from professional sounding drums loops to create your custom drums
* Mixing and Arrangment
* And more
I look forward to seeing you join and hearing about your progress.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate Ableton Live producers.
- Music writers that want to expand their creativity.
- Hiphop producers who want to learn new sampling techniques.
- Sound engineers that are interested in learning new mixing techniques.
I am a music producer and a teacher that has a passion to extend my knowledge to others. I have a Bachelors degree in Mass Media/Music at CSUSM. I have been playing drums and percussion for ten years and have toured locally with bands. I also play the guitar and have co-written songs for local bands and musicians.
During the past six years, I have become fascinated with the art of music production, writing, and audio engineering. I produce my and mix/master my own music. I also have experience mixing, mastering and co-producing other people's tracks using various freelancing websites. I have experience in using softwares such as Logic, FL Studio, Reason and Ableton Live. The software that I am most comfortable with and have been using the longest is Ableton Live.