How To Run Your Business On Cloud Systems
What you'll learn
- In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up the "Internet foundations" for your business
- How to evaluate cloud-based software and services for short and long-term fit
- How to make your workforce effective for both virtual (telecommuting) and mobile activity
- Note-taking STRONGLY suggested. A screen capture utility (or keyboard shortcut) may be helpful in grabbing selected visuals from the video.
Learn the principles and 'blueprint' to running a lean, cost-effective company on Internet-based business systems and tools, from a working entrepreneur, former CIO and professional 'explainer.'
"Cloud Computing" is more than a buzzword. All of the systems required to run a company are available now. The huge time-and-cost roadblock of old fashioned IT is gone - for the companies that grab the opportunity. This course will teach you how.
My aim in this course is to give business owners a blueprint for building and running their business on SaaS ("Software as a Service") solutions. It's not a technical course for cloud-computing IT professionals. It's a pragmatic approach to evaluating, selecting and running cloud systems for business use.
Some technical terms are unavoidable, so by design, the course materials are all visual, to help grasp the concepts and connections even if the terms are unfamiliar. When I mention specific companies and services, it's not a 'commercial endorsement' - it's my opinion, based on firsthand use.
You won't find this approach to business cloud-computing spelled out in any single book, because I haven't written it yet. I run two successful businesses this way, with a business partner and employees. We've made mistakes, refined, evaluated and learned the hard way. Watching these lessons will, I hope, save you a few years of the same challenges and let you focus on your business!
This is just a better way to get systems that support running and growing business. If you don't agree, or if it doesn't work for your specific business, contact me within 30 days and I'll happily refund your course fee.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for people that run a business. Startups and small businesses with little-to-no legacy IT stand to benefit the most. Medium-sized businesses feeling constrained by their IT systems can use the same approach to start freeing themselves. It's probably overkill for hobby-scale businesses that don't provide fulltime employment for at least 1 person.
Matthew Dunn holds the first PhD in Digital Media (University of Washington 1995). He’s been a theatre professor, a 9-year Microsoft veteran, a corporate Senior VP & CIO, a tech-startup CEO and a serial entrepreneur. He’s also an award-winning writer, a designer, director and frequent speaker, and an inventor, with 15 patents to date. In 2008 he launched Say It Visually, the pioneering “Explanation Agency”, with his business partner, where Matthew holds the title of Chief Explainer.