How to Run a Successful Blog Tour for Novelists
What you'll learn
- You'll learn how to leverage the power of book bloggers' avid readership
- You'll discover how to find bloggers eager to celebrate your book
- You'll learn all the step-by-step tools to be totally prepared for your blog tour
- And more!
- You'll need an online home, ideally a blog
- You'll need some comfort level with social media
- You'll need to be able to write articles or do Q&As
- You'll need the willingness to try new things to spread the word about your book
- You'll need your enthusiasm and excitement to spread the word about your book!
In this video course, you'll learn how to run a successful blog tour for yourself or for others.
Designed by a novelist for novelists, specifically genre fiction writers, though totally applicable to nonfiction authors.
Take this course if you want to reach your readers through one of today's most influential marketing channel for authors: book bloggers and avid bloggers.
A blog tour is a way to spread the message about your book, generate book sales, increase your newsletter subscribers, increase your readership, and overall, increase your author platform (or reach).
This course is for:
- Authors, novelists and short story writers
- Unpublished and published
Please note: This course isn't for absolute beginners. I'm assuming you have some comfort level with blogging, writing articles, and using social media, or you are ready to dive in and get comfortable with these tools fast.
Lots of tools, templates, checklists, and resources! I created 29 videos for you, anywhere from 1 to 11 minutes in length, so you can watch in short bursts, or watch the course all at once. It's about 3 hours of content. Block off your afternoon!
In a step-by-step manner, I provide you with Checklists and Templates, and take the guess work out of what to say to bloggers to get them excited to feature you and your book on your blog.
- How to find bloggers who'll be interested in featuring you and your book
- How to get bloggers curious via social media to join in your blog tour
- What to write to invite bloggers to join your blog tour
- What images and other materials you need to launch your tour
- What marketing to do to promote your tour and get people excited
- How to decide what giveaways to offer
- How to decide what content to write about for the blog tour
- How to run the tour
- How to follow up after the tour
Bonus: For those of you who sign up for my course, you also get an e-edition of my new book,Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing Strategies for Shy Writers.
Just FYI... Normally I charge $997 to $2,500 to run these for clients. But in this course I share ALL my secrets.
And, if there's something more that you'd like to know about running blog tours that I haven't covered yet, once you've enrolled, you can ask me directly in the 24/7 forum that I check regularly.
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- unpublished and published novelists
Beth Barany is a marketing advisor for writers and publishers. She's run over a dozen marketing campaigns for authors and small publishers, including blog tours, Amazon Bestseller campaigns, and social media campaigns. Her latest book for authors is Twitter for Authors: Social Media Book Marketing Strategies for Shy Writers, available on Amazon, iTunes, and Nook.
The author of the bestselling books, The Writer’s Adventure Guide: 12 Stages to Writing Your Book and Overcome Writer’s Block, Beth also publishes the monthly digital magazine, Author Entrepreneurship Magazine, to help authors create successful and sustainable careers. Beth is the award-winning novelist of the young adult epic fantasy, Henrietta The Dragon Slayer, the first of a multi-book series.
As a Master NLP Practitioner, Certified Creativity Coach, and experienced speaker and teacher, Beth Barany has helped authors get their books written, edited and published for over 16 years, as well as guided them in effectively marketing and selling their work. Five of her clients’ books have been best-sellers. Sign up for her newsletter and receive her free Writer's Motivation Mini-Course at her website.
Beth Barany lives in Oakland, California, with her husband, Ezra Barany, the bestselling author of The Torah Codes, and their two cats, and over 1,000 books.