Skate-Pro: Inline skating course for adult beginners.
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will educate you on choosing the right skate equipment, how to fit and use it, how to choose where to skate and give valuable information about weight distribution and stance, before any rolling happens.
- By the end of the course you will be able to skate slowly and later faster with a different technique. You will be able to stop using the heel brake and turn using the A-frame and parallel turns. You will learn the techniques needed to skate faster and also how to feel safe and secure with your scissor position at all speeds.
- There are also two intermediate level classes at the end of this beginner course, to give you a sneak preview into the intermediate level with T-stop and forwards crossovers. This will help you see what's coming but also motivate you to gain 'fluency' in the beginner basics covered in this course.
- Course participants should be wearing inline skates with a heel brake and also protective gear (knee and wrist pads and helmet recommended). A sense of adventure and patience are also beneficial.
- No previous skating experience necessary.
- If you are self taught then this course will help you polish the basics (and perfect your stopping) so you can move on to the intermediate world.
This inline skate course is taught through video tutorials with accompanying training notes. Nearly two hours of detailed video lessons are divided into a progressive course syllabus, allowing the skate student to learn at their own pace through step-by-step instructions, detailed demos and explanations. The training notes then help to structure your practice in a way that will lead to safe and continuous learning of new skills.
Learn how to use the heel brake effectively, how to skate slowly for stability and then faster for fitness. Learn two different turning methods, beginner and advanced beginner options. Feel safe and secure at increasing speeds.
The course will take several months to complete depending on the amount and frequency of practice time available to the student, but it’s far more efficient than learning by trial and error. Starting with the basics the benefits of learning with this course include knowing how a skill should look and feel, understanding the mechanics of what's going on and creating informed practice time to consolidate the theory that is learned in the videos.
- This course is for those who have always wanted to skate and haven't done so yet and want to start from scratch. It is also for the self taught adult beginner skater who had no fears to get rolling but who can't stop well and feels uncomfortable turning or at speed.
Now it's time to get rolling. This lesson will take you from the grass onto the skating surface and safely into your first skating steps. Make sure there are no slopes around as you need to focus on just learning to skate and roll in Ready position without having to stop, that's coming next.
This is probably the most important lesson you will ever learn as the Heel Brake Stop is the most effective stopping method available for inline skaters (of any level) and is what keeps you safe on your wheels and in control at all times. When you master the heel brake stop you will then feel increasingly comfortable and secure on your skates.
This lesson will make you look like a proper skater. This is where you learn how to gain fitness and efficiency from your skating and you will feel your lower body and core 'skating muscles' starting to get worked. The more you do the exercises in this lesson the faster your skating will become and the more proficient you will look.
This lesson may look very simplistic but mastering the Scissor position is essential for your safety on skates. Without a good comfortable Scissor position (at any speed you can skate at) you will not be able to stop or control your speed. This also forms the basis of the next lesson, the Parallel Turn.
The Parallel Turn really sets you up for leaving the world of Beginner skating and makes you look confident and proficient. You will use this turn for the rest of your skating life and it is incredibly versatile allowing for large and small turns, but it all relies on the 'fluency' of your Scissors.
This is your first non-heel braking stop and your gateway into the Intermediate skills. You will develop increasing ability to glide and balance on one skate and control your forces to stop. However, this may be too advanced for you immediately after the Beginner's syllabus, so see if you need to consolidate your Beginner skills first.
This lesson on forwards crossovers will push you into the Intermediate world and give your skating real finesse. Once mastered, you will be able to turn corners while producing efficient propulsion and look effortlessly cool while doing it. You will be discovering outside edges for the first time!