Skate-Pro: Inline skating course for adult beginners.
What you'll learn
- This course will educate you on choosing the right skate equipment & give valuable information about weight distribution and stance, before any rolling happens.
- By the end of the course you will be able to skate slowly, stop and turn. You will learn how to to skate faster, feel safe at higher speeds and be in control.
- There are also two intermediate level classes, to give you a sneak preview into the intermediate level with T-stop & Forwards crossovers.
- Confidence, Stability, Knowledge to avoid falls, Skate, Stop, Turn, Daily training drills.
- Course participants should be wearing inline skates with a heel brake and also protective gear (knee and wrist pads and helmet recommended). A sense of adventure and patience are also beneficial.
- No previous skating experience necessary.
- If you are self taught then this course will help you polish the basics (and perfect your stopping) so you can move on to the intermediate world.
This inline skate course is taught through video tutorials with accompanying training notes. These detailed video lessons are divided into a progressive course syllabus, allowing the skate student to learn at their own pace through step-by-step instructions, detailed demos and explanations. The training notes then help to structure your practice in a way that will lead to safe and continuous learning of new skills.
Learn how to skate without falling, without trial and error and without embarrassment and risk of injury.
Gain confidence, stability, know-how, conscious balance you create by focussing on where your is on your feet and reproducing that every moment, so YOU are in control of the wheels and not them.
You will learn how to use the heel brake effectively, how to skate slowly for stability and then faster for fitness. Learn two different turning methods, beginner and advanced beginner options. Feel safe and secure at increasing speeds and know exactly what to do at each point in a given manoeuvre. No guess work. No confusion.
The course will take several months to complete depending on the amount and frequency of practice time available to the student, but it’s far more efficient than learning by trial and error. Starting with the basics the benefits of learning with this course include knowing how a skill should look and feel, understanding the mechanics of what's going on and creating informed practice time to consolidate the theory that is learned in the videos.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who have always wanted to skate and haven't done so yet and want to start from scratch. It is also for the self taught adult beginner skater who got rolling alone but who can't stop well and feels uncomfortable turning or at speed.
Asha is Founder and Principle Instructor at Skatefresh Skate School in the UK and now globally online. She was an ex-figure skater and now is a full time skating instructor on inlines and quads. Asha has been an instructor trainer since 2004 and is one of the most active certifying examiners in the world (certifying hundreds of new instructors in the last 13 years).
Asha's teaching style is very clear and direct, with 'informed practice' being a goal and fail safe method of improving. She can break down any skill into its constituent parts and build it up with you achieving each phase. She coaches key principles and applies those to each move, be it speed, turns, stops, or her specialities of backwards and dance.
In 2015 Asha was 'Head of Coaching' on Disney's Teen Drama 'Soy Luna' coaching all the actors. In 2009 Asha was featured in the BBC series 'Skate Nation' as a judge and coach. She has been featured in many articles on skating including; The Guardian, The Times, The Telegraph, Health and Fitness, Slimmer's World, The Evening Standard.
Asha speaks fluent Spanish and Portuguese and teaches in Spain and Brazil several times each year. She practices yoga and is a qualified Shiatsu therapist and she is a lover of healthy fresh food. She lives in Brighton.