Skate-Pro: The complete Intermediate inline skating course.
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course, with sufficient practice you will be able to skate backwards with transitions, stop using the t-stop and lunge stop, turn using the lunge turn and crossovers and skate faster at speed. Each class gives you a theoretical and practical workout
- The benefits of learning with this course include knowing how a skill or manoeuvre should look and feel, understanding the mechanics of what's going on and creating focussed practice time to consolidate the theory that is learned in the videos.
- Course participants need to have recreational or fitness inline skates with or without a heel brake and protective gear (knee and wrist pads recommended).
- To safely learn what's on offer in this intermediate level course you should be fairly comfortable with the following beginner level pre-requisite skills; heel braking, scissor position, parallel turns in both directions.
This inline skate course is taught through video tutorials with accompanying training notes. Nearly 2 hours of detailed video lessons are divided into a progressive course syllabus, allowing the skate student to learn at their own pace through step-by-step instructions, detailed demos and explanations. The training notes then help to structure your practice in a way that will lead to safe and continuous learning of new skills.
This course will help you learn how to skate backwards from scratch using transitions to get there and back. You will know how to stop using two non-heel braking methods (t-stop and lunge stop), and master higher speed turns with the forwards crossovers and lunge turn. We will also focus on your skating technique and learn how to skate more efficiently so that you can improve your fitness.
The course will take several months to complete depending on the amount and frequency of practice time available to the student. You may be learning the skills presented here for the first time or you have been using them for a while but know they need some tweaking.
- The course is aimed at the intermediate level adult student who can get around forwards and probably can stop ok using a brake but possibly has no brake and is exploring new stopping methods and finding some holes. You may have taught yourself to skate backwards or backwards skating has remained elusive and scary.
- The intermediate level has a large range of skating abilities within it, so the skills presented in this course may be completely new to you or you have been trying them and using for a while and this course will help you master and polish the moves to perfection.
As you enter the world of Intermediate level skills, you may already find yourself beginning to want to specialise in a particular area of skating. This lecture summarises the differences between the various kinds of skates available so that if you do want to upgrade your skates, you know what you are buying and why.
This is your first non-heel braking stop and your gateway into the Intermediate skills. You will develop increasing ability to glide and balance on one skate and control your forces to stop.
This is where your backward skating journey begins, with 4 distinct methods of backwards propulsion, each teaching different basic skills. You will learn the Basic Backward Stride, Backward Lemons, Backward Movement (alternating Half Lemons) and the Faster Backward Stride. These form your backward essentials, developing fluency on both legs and a deep understanding of what backwards is all about. The fancy backwards stuff isn't possible unless these basics are rock solid.