- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Choosing and caring for your gear - select the harness, rock shoes, helmet, chalk bag, quickdraws and carabiners, belay device, and rope that fit your needs.
- Safety Fundamentals & Tying the Essential Knots - communicate effectively with your partner, do safety checks, tie essential knots, and know the fundamentals of belaying your climbing partner.
- How to Top-Rope Climb & Belay - this is a great way to get started climbing! Know how to climb, belay, and have fun with your partner outdoors or at the climbing gym!
- Lead Climbing & Belay - lead climb safely, clip bolts with quickdraws, belay a climber on lead, and know some of the tips and tricks that professionals use.
- Building Anchors - build and clean anchors to safely lower or create a top-rope outdoors at the top of a route.
- Falling - how to safely fall and belay a falling climber when lead climbing.
- Climbing Technique & Drills - become a stronger climber by learning advanced climbing technique and skill drills that world-class climbers use.
- Advanced Tips - care for your gear, coil your rope, recovering your gear, bailing on a route, and clipping a high first bolt with a stick-clip.
- Know Where To Climb - find the best resources to learn where to climb, and learn outdoor etiquette and conservation.
- No prerequisites or requirements, just a desire to learn how to rock climb indoors at the gym or outdoors on real rock!
- Students should supplement this course with hands-on practice and climbing with other experienced climbers.
We're here to teach you the fundamentals to get started rock climbing! By the end of this course you’ll have the tools and knowledge to safely get outdoors and begin sport climbing - climbing single-pitch routes with pre-existing bolts. We'll share what it takes to experience the exhilaration of climbing with an incredible landscape below you, regardless of age, gender or body type. You'll learn how to get started, select the proper gear, and the proper skills and technique to do it safely and have fun!
Audrey Sniezek, professional rock climber and sponsored athlete, brings her 20 years of experience to bring you expert guidance. She has climbed throughout the United States, Argentina, Europe, China and Vietnam.
This class provides comprehensive, easy to follow videos on the following topics:
- Selecting the proper gear
- Knots and Safety Fundamentals
- How to safely climb, belay and communicate with your climbing partner
- Top-Rope, lead climbing, and falling
- Climbing technique and drills
- Advanced Tips & Tricks
Come join us and let's get started!
- Interested in experiencing the exhilaration of rock climbing but don't know where to start, how to use the gear correctly and do it safely? This course is for you!
- We show you the instructions step by step, and tie it all together showing you how to do it outside!