Writing A Book: Revision
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You willl learn what to look for in each of 3 passes at revision
- You will learn how to give and receive critique feedback
- You will gain an understanding of your person writing quirks
- You will receive tools to support your work in the revision process
- A first draft of a book
Revision is the real story craft of any writing project. Now that you have your first draft on the page, you might think revision is a chore. Having a great process to analyze the manuscript and tighten up the characters, plot, and tension is vital to polishing the gem.
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free, Michelangelo.
You first draft is that piece of marble. Revision is the act of setting the angel free.
- Anyone with a first draft of a book that they want to revise
In this lesson, I talk about how each side of your brain is useful in the creative process. I touch on the revision passes and how I use them.
We take a look at some common issues with the first draft of a book.
When it comes down to it, sometimes you have to do more than just revise. In this lesson we cover off the indications that you have to do a rewrite.