How to Raise Funding for Your Start-up / Early Stage Company
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The basics you need to understand about the fund raising process
- Key factors that will impact your fund raising efforts
- Challenges you will face and have to overcome
- Are you likely to attract investors?
- Investors’ expectations
- Alternative types of investors and funding sources
- Creatively raising funding
- Keys to successfully raising funding
- Elements in a fund raising action plan
- Helpful resources, recommended books and links to participants
- A desire to start your own company
This course is designed to get you thinking about how to successfully raise funding for your start-up or early stage company. The course includes 2.5h of instructional video and includes three instructional lessons from fundraising team professionals. The course is spread over 7 modules each with a quiz to make certain the viewer is absorbing the key points being made. Those successfully completing the course will receive a certification.
- Anybody wanting to understand how to get funding for their business.
- A resource for any entrepreneur planning to start his or her own business or who has already started one and is considering raising funding for the launch and/or development.
- The new business idea can be in any business sector and the amount of funding being raised can be any amount.
- Entrepreneurs in other parts of the world will get a great deal out of this module but will have to consider local factors in their countries.
- Ideally the student should be based in the USA which is where I have done all my successful fund-raising efforts.
- What we will be covering in this course
- Timing is critical for fund raising and developing a new business
- Raising funding: is never easy; takes longer than you may expect and interferes with you launching and running your business.
- Investing in start-up or early stage companies is highly risky and scares away many potential investors.
Provides an overview on the things that will impact your ability to raise funding including:
- timing of your launch…overall and for our product
- uniqueness, importance, market for your product or service
your business model and plan
- your team
- your target investor(s)
We will be focusing on what are some of the major challenges you will have when you start to raise funding for your new or early stage venture.
These challenges, some hinted at earlier, can be overcome through persistence, commitment, exceptional effort, man hours and creative, flexible thinking. Plus you will need help.
Since every new venture is totally unique and has never been done in exactly same way you will have to find your own unique ways to fund your venture. In this chapter I want to stimulate your thinking and open your eyes to the broad range of ways to “produce” needed cash
Develop list of potential funding sources (by category and name. Get legal guidance on do’s & don’ts of raising money, have your professional team in place and expect guidance/help raising funding. Cover the early fund-raising steps. How not to negotiate your way out of a good, fair deal.